Jets 2024

Because they proclaimed themselves the equal if not better than the 85 Bears and they are not nor have they ever been close. Don’t give a crap about stats injuries or other BS excuses. What have they ever won not made it to a playoff game n 15 years.
One guy, DJ Reed, said if “everyone played to their potential” they could be a historical defense. That’s not saying they could be better than the 85 Bears.

And goddamn Bama fan you should know damn well it takes two sides of the football to be a winning team. The jets offense has been an abomination for years, while the defense has always played very well. no, not the 85 bears, but a great unit that you’ve decided to hate because of one quote lol. Give me a break

There were plenty of games Jets could have won where defense couldn’t make the big stop late in game. Has been discussed on WFAN for years. If you want to anoint the Jet defense go ahead.

There were plenty of games Jets could have won where defense couldn’t make the big stop late in game. Has been discussed on WFAN for years. If you want to anoint the Jet defense go ahead.
For every game you wanna put on the defense in the Saleh era, there are triple the amount where the defense gets every stop necessary but the offense can’t finish with the big drive. Tonight another example most likely.

Last week? How many stops did we get against the undefeated Vikings to give the team a chance to win late?

Week before? How many stops against the broncos, basically begging the offense to just kick a field goal and win.

But the offense never does it. And under Zach Wilson it was even worse. I watch every game. It’s not about anointing the defense. It’s just giving credit where it’s due. They’ve been held back by the offense for years and forced to stay on the field for absurd amounts of time due to the offense not being able to sustain drives. But they still more often than not give the offense a shot to pull the game out. Which the offense never does

I’m absolutely shocked the offense turned the ball over in a late game situation, and missed 2 kicks in the second half. But damn that jets defense! Gave up one first down. Another loss on the defense. Should’ve shut out the bills in the second half. 3 points way too much!

I’m absolutely shocked the offense turned the ball over in a late game situation, and missed 2 kicks in the second half. But damn that jets defense! Gave up one first down. Another loss on the defense. Should’ve shut out the bills in the second half. 3 points way too much!
Gave up 24 first downs. Turnover was like a punt. Needed a stop but Jack Williams defense once again came up small and couldn’t get the job done.

Gave up 24 first downs. Turnover was like a punt. Needed a stop but Jack Williams defense once again came up small and couldn’t get the job done.
not surprising a bama fan doesn't understand football. When you get all the top talent handed to you on a silver platter i guess knowing the game isn't needed. But yea that damn jets defense costs the jets another game. Classic

not surprising a bama fan doesn't understand football. When you get all the top talent handed to you on a silver platter i guess knowing the game isn't needed. But yea that damn jets defense costs the jets another game. Classic
I’ve been a Jet fan since well before you were a glint in your father’s eye you telling me I don’t know football is downright hilarious.

Maybe didn’t cost them the game but sure didn’t help them win or have a chance at the end to win the game. They lost. Jets scored 20 points how bout your big bad defense come up big and win one for their D coordinator who was coaching his first game as head coach? Nah that would be too much to ask of Jack Williams defense.

I’ve been a Jet fan since well before you were a glint in your father’s eye you telling me I don’t know football is downright hilarious.
age doesn't mean shit

you clearly don't if your bone to pick with this jets team the last several years is the defense. Like it is an absolute joke. Do you wanna hop on a call and go through their schedules the past three years and go through each game and talk about which side of the football was to blame? Or do you want to just keep being grouchy because one DB had high expectations for the defense and had a quote comparing themselves to a historic defense?

Like you just sat and watched a game where the defense held the Bills to 3 second half points, the offense got called for a holding in the endzone to take a TD off the board, garrett wilson dropped touchdown, missed two chip shot field goals. Yet every post in this thread is just pot shots at the defense. It is mind blowing to me but yea keep getting those opinions from the FAN

age doesn't mean shit

you clearly don't if your bone to pick with this jets team the last several years is the defense. Like it is an absolute joke. Do you wanna hop on a call and go through their schedules the past three years and go through each game and talk about which side of the football was to blame? Or do you want to just keep being grouchy because one DB had high expectations for the defense and had a quote comparing themselves to a historic defense?

Like you just sat and watched a game where the defense held the Bills to 3 second half points, the offense got called for a holding in the endzone to take a TD off the board, garrett wilson dropped touchdown, missed two chip shot field goals. Yet every post in this thread is just pot shots at the defense. It is mind blowing to me but yea keep getting those opinions from the FAN
I’ve never said anything about the offense a blind man could see they’ve sucked for a long time. The team has also been losers for a long time so I just get tired of hearing how good their defense is. Win some games on defense if you want to truly be considered good. It does happen you know.

when Jet fans start turning on each other it's gotta be bad :)
Funny thing is we’re really not disagreeing on anything football wise just looking at things from a different perspective. I never questioned his football acumen but mine was called into question. Nobody watches more football than I do just ask every women I’ve ever been involved with my entire life 🤣

I’ve never said anything about the offense a blind man could see they’ve sucked for a long time. The team has also been losers for a long time so I just get tired of hearing how good their defense is. Win some games on defense if you want to truly be considered good. It does happen you know.
i get being tired of it, but the defense since saleh got hired has been one of the best units in the NFL. When you have a unit that consistently one of the best in the league and you are losing games 10-9 like we did two weeks ago, I just don't understand turning on the defense and ripping them like you seem to do every time you show up in this thread.

Sure, they could create more turnovers. but they have won us games before. A year ago today, we beat the undefeated eagles by picking off Bama legend Jalen Hurts three times. We win the game despite Zach Wilson being irrelevant. There are many games over the years, ESPECIALLY in the Zach Wilson era, where the defense gave us every opportunity to win a game. You just can't expect the defense to carry around a sad sack offensive unit in the modern NFL week in and week out. It aint happening. Until the offense can consistently execute and not shoot themselves in the foot, like they did tonight, the jets wont be a winning team.

And I find it especially annoying because the 85 bears thing was a quote from DJ Reed before last season. The defense was great last year. A Zach Wilson/ Tim boyle QB'd team should not be winning 7 football games man. 7-10 with those QBs? That was the DEFENSE. 85 Bears, nah. But for a unit with high expectations for themselves they were in fact very good.

This year, yea they are clearly worse but if we talk about the personnel related reasons for that they are called "excuses" I guess. It just feels very disingenuous on your part.

All I’m asking is that just once the offense executes a drive late fourth quarter

Also Bama, I took a shot at your football knowledge because the constant “Jack Williams defense” comments were getting under my skin. Still think your hate for the defense is misguided but, didn’t intend for things to get heated. So apologies for that and have a good night

Last edited:
Because they proclaimed themselves the equal if not better than the 85 Bears and they are not nor have they ever been close. Don’t give a crap about stats injuries or other BS excuses. What have they ever won not made it to a playoff game n 15 years.
Did some of the Jets' defensive players really mentioned anything about being equal or better than the '85 Bears?

For starters, the rules are different which won't truly allow any defense to be that good nowadays. Secondly, it's laughable to talk in such manner when the Jets hasn't done squat in a long time.

The '85 Bears is arguably the best single season defense I've ever witnessed. I go back to watching football for 46 years. The only defense that was close to the '85 Bears were the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

I think the Jets' defensive players should hold off on the crowning.

Back