Jets 2024

I said in a group chat Iā€™m in with fellow Jets fans, can he block, can he stop the run or can he kick a FG?

I'm not going to definitively say that one more missed kick costs someone his job . . . but if it happens in the next game I think it does.

Raiders relatively happy to get a third round pick and dump balance of Adams salary on the Jets.
Jets have made many personnel errors in their history, but I would nominate as the costliest, moving up three or four spots, in the first round, to get Sam Darnold . They could have held their spot and gotten Josh Allen, and saved the three second round picks they gave up.
It gets worse, because Darnold didn't work out, they drafted Zach Allen in the first round, and because that didn't work out, they sent two second round picks to GB for Rodgers.
So, that original move cost them a first round pick and five second rounders, and Josh Allen.

Raiders relatively happy to get a third round pick and dump balance of Adams salary on the Jets.
Jets have made many personnel errors in their history, but I would nominate as the costliest, moving up three or four spots, in the first round, to get Sam Darnold . They could have held their spot and gotten Josh Allen, and saved the three second round picks they gave up.
It gets worse, because Darnold didn't work out, they drafted Zach Allen in the first round, and because that didn't work out, they sent two second round picks to GB for Rodgers.
So, that original move cost them a first round pick and five second rounders, and Josh Allen.
They would have messed up Josh Allen too, are you kidding me? This organization screws everything up.

The Steelers were damn near begging to get spanked early on, but the Jets decided to do Jet-like stuff.
15-6 lead with ball near end of half. The sequence of events that follow:

Rodgers INT in traffic
Sauce gets handsy on a deep ball - PI
he gets hurt on the play
Steelers attack back up CB -TD
2nd half Steelers take 16-15 lead
Garrett Wilson canā€™t catch a perfect ball
Picked, Returned to 1

15-6 lead with ball near end of half. The sequence of events that follow:

Rodgers INT in traffic
Sauce gets handsy on a deep ball - PI
he gets hurt on the play
Steelers attack back up CB -TD
2nd half Steelers take 16-15 lead
Garrett Wilson canā€™t catch a perfect ball
Picked, Returned to 1
Ballgame.

The Jets momentum was all but gone after that sequence.

The Jets simply donā€™t get it. They donā€™t know how to build a football ā€œTEAMā€. They put together pieces. Splashy signings are not the answer. In the NFL guys are ā€œavailableā€ for a reason. Old, expensive, one and two year plans lead to disaster and years of nothingness.

The Jets donā€™t /didnā€™t need a 40 year old QB. They needed to draft and develop one. All they have done is wasted a couple of years and maybe next year as well. Why?

Receivers can be found. Look Garret Wilson is a very good player. Did they really need to spend money and resources on Davante Adams? They actually should be looking to trade him for draft capital.

The worst part is because they delayed the pivot to a real ā€œbuildā€ it will take much longer to turn it around.

Back