2014 World Cup

Bigger disappointment: England or Spain?

Well nothing much was expected of England.

Spain, on the other hand, had a great run 2008-12. However the team got a bit old / stale and the tiki-taka style was finally nullified.

Spain, on the other hand, had a great run 2008-12. However the team got a bit old / stale and the tiki-taka style was finally nullified.
That's what i dont' get. How was there not much expected of England with the talent they have?

That's what i dont' get. How was there not much expected of England with the talent they have?

You are overrating the talent on England.

All 6 south american teams likely to qualify.
Very impressive.
yeah Nathalie's dad is pretty pumped. It's been fun watching so far. I've watched more of this world cup than anyone before.

Condolences to Kranmars who probably won't be vacationing in Costa Rica anytime soon

They really do not have much talent. They have an inflated sense of themselves, hyped by the media. Hart is error prone, back 4 is suspect, Gerard is over the hill, Rooney has his moments but is often the proverbial bull in the china shop. Sturridge and Sterling are fine prospects. Welbeck - useless.

What was funny was that Roy Hodgson refused to proclaim Suarez as world-class before the game. Wonder of he has changed his tune?

Messi scored another beauty today and bailed out the Argentinians - Iran had defended incredibly well and might have scored a couple of times.

Great second half between Germany and Ghana. 2-2 a fair result.

If the US beats Portugal, we are through. Just the small task of stopping Ronaldo between us and the next phase. Either way as it stands, the final round of games will be very interesting.

Messi scored another beauty today and bailed out the Argentinians - Iran had defended incredibly well and might have scored a couple of times.

Great second half between Germany and Ghana. 2-2 a fair result.

If the US beats Portugal, we are through. Just the small task of stopping Ronaldo between us and the next phase. Either way as it stands, the final round of games will be very interesting.

We need to beat Portugal. A tie may not be good enough to hold off Ghana who have played superbly.

A kick in the nuts for sure. To be so close... Disappointed in Bradley on two counts (1) he missed a gilt-edge chance to score (2) gave away the ball very cheaply for their equalizer. All he had to do was hoof it back into the corner.

Thier first goal was absolutely shambolic by Cameron.

Still, we are in a great postion to qualify. All Jurgen K has to do is have chat with Jogi Low and agree that 0-0 suits us all.

What a great goal by Jermaine Jones. One of the Top 5 of the tournament so far.

A kick in the nuts for sure. To be so close... Disappointed in Bradley on two counts (1) he missed a gilt-edge chance to score (2) gave away the ball very cheaply for their equalizer. All he had to do was hoof it back into the corner.

Thier first goal was absolutely shambolic by Cameron.

Still, we are in a great postion to qualify. All Jurgen K has to do is have chat with Jogi Low and agree that 0-0 suits us all.

What a great goal by Jermaine Jones. One of the Top 5 of the tournament so far.

Haven't yet recovered, still feels like a loss.
Yedlin over Donovan?
SMH.

Suarez is nuts.

Is there a more despicable cretin in all of sports? The handball in 2010 that put Ghana out, the biting in Holland and England, the racial abuse of Patrice Evra, and now this?

A great chance for FIFA to make a positive statement and ban this animal for life. Or at least have a dentist remove his incisors...

I hope Colombia hammer Uruguay in the next game. Cheats should not prosper.

After a night to sleep on it, sknce I tried really hard to refrain myself from commenting after the game, I am still fuming.

Let's put aside the piece of horse sheit that is Suarez. That beaver toothed sub-human will one day get a haymaker thrown in his face, and we will all laugh.

But the officiating was a joke. The Mexican ref was very liberal handing out yellows to Italy. Meanwhile, the equally physical Uruguay side received none. And don't get me started on the red card. That was hardly a rough challenge. But if you want to call a foul, fine. But to hand out a red in a game that meant so much,was a joke and played a very big part of the outcome of the match. The ref was hardly blameless here. He was biased in his officiating. Man, if there was anything else I could hate about all things Mexican soccer here comes this ref to add to my list.

Not to mention, the Uruguay coaches and the bench that were kicking balls on the pitch to kill clock late in the game. The alternate ref had to warn them a couple of times. And the coach who said this is about the WC, not morality? Stay classy Uruguay soccer federation. I hope you get curb stomped every game you participate in.

Now I can say, go USA!

After a night to sleep on it, sknce I tried really hard to refrain myself from commenting after the game, I am still fuming.

Let's put aside the piece of horse sheit that is Suarez. That beaver toothed sub-human will one day get a haymaker thrown in his face, and we will all laugh.

But the officiating was a joke. The Mexican ref was very liberal handing out yellows to Italy. Meanwhile, the equally physical Uruguay side received none. And don't get me started on the red card. That was hardly a rough challenge. But if you want to call a foul, fine. But to hand out a red in a game that meant so much,was a joke and played a very big part of the outcome of the match. The ref was hardly blameless here. He was biased in his officiating. Man, if there was anything else I could hate about all things Mexican soccer here comes this ref to add to my list.

Not to mention, the Uruguay coaches and the bench that were kicking balls on the pitch to kill clock late in the game. The alternate ref had to warn them a couple of times. And the coach who said this is about the WC, not morality? Stay classy Uruguay soccer federation. I hope you get curb stomped every game you participate in.

Now I can say, go USA!

The announcers had no problem with the red after seeing the replay.
Good riddance to the country that never plays to win.
Worst call by far yesterday was the alleged take down of Samaras at the end of the Ivory Coast game.
Worst call of the tournament that was overshadowed by Suarez.

Back