2014 World Cup

After a night to sleep on it, sknce I tried really hard to refrain myself from commenting after the game, I am still fuming.

Let's put aside the piece of horse sheit that is Suarez. That beaver toothed sub-human will one day get a haymaker thrown in his face, and we will all laugh.

But the officiating was a joke. The Mexican ref was very liberal handing out yellows to Italy. Meanwhile, the equally physical Uruguay side received none. And don't get me started on the red card. That was hardly a rough challenge. But if you want to call a foul, fine. But to hand out a red in a game that meant so much,was a joke and played a very big part of the outcome of the match. The ref was hardly blameless here. He was biased in his officiating. Man, if there was anything else I could hate about all things Mexican soccer here comes this ref to add to my list.

Not to mention, the Uruguay coaches and the bench that were kicking balls on the pitch to kill clock late in the game. The alternate ref had to warn them a couple of times. And the coach who said this is about the WC, not morality? Stay classy Uruguay soccer federation. I hope you get curb stomped every game you participate in.

Now I can say, go USA!

The announcers had no problem with the red after seeing the replay.
Good riddance to the country that never plays to win.
Worst call by far yesterday was the alleged take down of Samaras at the end of the Ivory Coast game.
Worst call of the tournament that was overshadowed by Suarez.

Don't let your bias against Italy cloud your judgement. If you followed Italy at all in the last 6 years, they have abandoned the catenaccio.

Down a man in that heat,, they were just trying to hang on. And it isn't as if Uruguay is Brazil circa 1970.

And the penalty was correct. Nigeria should be kicking themselves for giving that opportunity. He clipped him.

Worst call by far yesterday was the alleged take down of Samaras at the end of the Ivory Coast game.

It was the right call. The Ivory Coast defender clipped Samaras' foot as Samaras was about to take a shot -http://screamer.deadspin.com/greece-advance-after-ivory-coast-concede-stoppage-time-1595589369/+GregHoward1

disagree.

Re-watch the clip (pun intended). Was a clear penalty.

After a night to sleep on it, sknce I tried really hard to refrain myself from commenting after the game, I am still fuming.

Let's put aside the piece of horse sheit that is Suarez. That beaver toothed sub-human will one day get a haymaker thrown in his face, and we will all laugh.

But the officiating was a joke. The Mexican ref was very liberal handing out yellows to Italy. Meanwhile, the equally physical Uruguay side received none. And don't get me started on the red card. That was hardly a rough challenge. But if you want to call a foul, fine. But to hand out a red in a game that meant so much,was a joke and played a very big part of the outcome of the match. The ref was hardly blameless here. He was biased in his officiating. Man, if there was anything else I could hate about all things Mexican soccer here comes this ref to add to my list.

Not to mention, the Uruguay coaches and the bench that were kicking balls on the pitch to kill clock late in the game. The alternate ref had to warn them a couple of times. And the coach who said this is about the WC, not morality? Stay classy Uruguay soccer federation. I hope you get curb stomped every game you participate in.

Now I can say, go USA!

Don't let your bias against Italy cloud your judgement. If you followed Italy at all in the last 6 years, they have abandoned the catenaccio.

Down a man in that heat,, they were just trying to hang on. And it isn't as if Uruguay is Brazil circa 1970.

And the penalty was correct. Nigeria should be kicking themselves for giving that opportunity. He clipped him.

Watch the last camera replay. No contact whatsoever.
No bias against Italy, just don't like their style.
Can't remember the last time the Italians beat us.

BTW am I the only one who thinks the games are funner to watch in Spanish even if I don't understand most of what they are saying ?

Now I can say, go USA!

It was Côte d'Ivoire not Nigeria. Nigeria advanced today.

Now I can say, go USA!

It was Côte d'Ivoire not Nigeria. Nigeria advanced today.

Yeah I know. I am still pissed my brain can't even get the right African country. At this rate, if the US fails to get to the knockout stage, while the Mexican team advanced out of a friendly group, I am going to forget
all diplomacy and go totally bat crap crazy.

Is todays game postponed ? My assistant said there is massive flooding
United States' decisive Group G clash against Germany on Thursday will be played as scheduled despite torrential rains in Recife, FIFA has confirmed.

So f'n stressed out about this game and the Ghana/Portugal game. If we could have only held on for five more f'n seconds against Portugal, I'd be chillin right now.

I am so glad I was wrong in my pick of Portugal and Germany advancing. My favorite 2 teams move on! Now I need to change my underwear. That was a long 90+ minutes.

We survived the Group of Death. Well done USMNT.

Up next, Belgium? I will be in Vancouver. Anyone know a US friendly sports bar?

We survived the Group of Death. Well done USMNT.

Up next, Belgium? I will be in Vancouver. Anyone know a US friendly sports bar?
left the office at 12 to watch the game at the bar-restaurant across the street from my office ( errr I mean I left work early to meet a client ). Nail biter. Oh man we ended up moving to the other end of the bar toward the end because it became that Ghana game was going to end up being real important.

Looking forward to my client meeting at 3:30 on tuesday

btw for Tis and the rest of you soccer guys how good is Belgium ? Do we have a good shot ?

Back