Transfer Portal 2022

I do like Awaka, but I don't think we have minutes for him this year. Personally, I think Omar Stanley as a sophomore beats out Awaka as a freshman. I am actually not even sure Drissa Traore wouldn't be ahead of Awaka.

I know he has played well lately, but there's likely a reason why Awaka is still available.

I do like Awaka, but I don't think we have minutes for him this year. Personally, I think Omar Stanley as a sophomore beats out Awaka as a freshman. I am actually not even sure Drissa Traore wouldn't be ahead of Awaka.

I know he has played well lately, but there's likely a reason why Awaka is still available.
Not just lately though. He played well the entire season. And he's pretty good at something we need.

Stanley came in with reputation of a rebounder if I remember correctly, but I was way more impressed with his scoring. And he didn't score all that much.

We know why Miami didn't. Their boosters wouldn't allow it, they price matching any competing offers.
We know why Miami didn't. Their boosters wouldn't allow it, they price matching any competing offers.
So you don’t think our Acquista Trattoria and Ridgewood Savings Bank gift certificates had any impact in retaining players?

This is still unbelievable to me.

But the way I look at it. The majority of our roster (excluding Posh) likely wouldnt have had high major interest if they were looking to transfer. So they would have had to step down to a mid major and maybe felt this was the best place.

This is still unbelievable to me.

But the way I look at it. The majority of our roster (excluding Posh) likely wouldnt have had high major interest if they were looking to transfer. So they would have had to step down to a mid major and maybe felt this was the best place.
That didn't stop anyone last year and most of them did well where they landed.

Don't forget that Julian Champagnie was available around this time of his senior year in high school as well

I personally just can't kid us landing another transfer for this year. There simply aren't enough minutes to give out that would entice anyone of substance to come here, while also keeping who we currently have happy.

Based on last years results, who besides Posh, Jones and maybe Soriano, are entitled to be kept happy?

Back