Transfer Portal 2022

Boo Harvey post=463683 said:
L J S A post=463656 said:
If we can find a high schooler who can give us more than a fifth-year guy from the ACC could give us, I'm all for it,

If our portal finds are mid-major kids with good but not great numbers, who then get glued to the bench because of D, I'd rather skip them completely and bring in a fifth-year guy from a major conference who might just need a change of scenery. At least the major kid may only need half a season to make an impact.

The kid averaged five points a game and shot 21 percent from three point land.  No thanks!

[URL]https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4277982/aaron-wheeler[/URL]

@jakewiengarten

Louisville power forward Gabe Wiznitzer has entered the transfer portal, a source confirmed to @Stockrisers. Former four-star forward. Played in 12 games last season, dealt with injury this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if we hire Pitino and keep Van Macon and then bring in St. Jean then we can get Moore back as a transfer and then we will really be rolling, amirite?  Maybe Mikey Dixon has some eligibility left too.

BTW-Princeton who won the Ivy League regular season and lost to Yale by 2 in the Ivy League Tourney and is in the NIT has 4 players in the portal.  Here is early list for Jaelin:

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1503534499640094727Here’s a full list of schools that Llewellyn provided via text to On3:Alabama, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Minnesota, DePaul, Northwestern, Creighton, Western Kentucky, Clemson, Cal, West Virginia, Butler, Ohio State, UNLV, Georgetown, George Mason, SMU, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Seton Hall, Providence, Texas A&M, and Miami.

I don't expect to see our name mentioned with to many  kids in the portal until we know who our coach is next season. 

I was curious about the potential timeline for hearing about players transferring.  FWIW, here are the dates we heard about portal entries last year:

Isaiah Moore  -3/14  (at least he's consistent)
Vince Cole -3/16
Josh Roberts -3/23
Marcellus Earlington -3/31
Greg Williams -3/31
Rasheem Dunn -4/1

JohnnyFan post=464285 said:
Isaiah Moore  -3/14  (at least he's consistent)

What are the chances he's a math nerd?

Or that I am for immediately recognizing the significance of the date?/media/kunena/emoticons/grin.png

fordham96 post=464274 said:
BTW-Princeton who won the Ivy League regular season and lost to Yale by 2 in the Ivy League Tourney and is in the NIT has 4 players in the portal.  Here is early list for Jaelin:

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1503534499640094727Here’s a full list of schools that Llewellyn provided via text to On3:Alabama, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Minnesota, DePaul, Northwestern, Creighton, Western Kentucky, Clemson, Cal, West Virginia, Butler, Ohio State, UNLV, Georgetown, George Mason, SMU, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Seton Hall, Providence, Texas A&M, and Miami.

i don’t know if they are all Seniors or not but any senior at an Ivy school who wants to take advantage of the COVID year or a redshirt season has to transfer to get that year as the Ivy League does not permit redshirts (completed four years of college and and has remaining eligibility) or graduate students to participate in college athletics.  They did make an exception for those students who had their sports seasons canceled due to COVID, graduated and returned to their school for grad school.

Monte post=464275 said:
I don't expect to see our name mentioned with to many  kids in the portal until we know who our coach is next season. 

Unless I am mistaken, we have a coach.

panther2 post=464301 said:
Monte post=464275 said:

Technically you are right, but you tell me: you think any kid is going to show a an interest in us while rumors are swirling about our coach leaving? Whether or not those rumors are true(which at this point I believe there is some truth) is irreverent. They're out there and they are not being denied. 

Monte post=464302 said:
panther2 post=464301 said:
Monte post=464275 said:

Technically you are right, but you tell me: you think any kid is going to show a an interest in us while rumors are swirling about our coach leaving? Whether or not those rumors are true(which at this point I believe there is some truth) is irreverent. They're out there and they are not being denied. 

How do you or anyone else know the rumors are not being denied? Coach Anderson is responsible to Father Shanley, Mike Cragg, his players, and his recruits. As long as he is communicating with them, all else is irrelevant.

Coach Anderson is a Grown Ass Man, he is not obliged to respond to the press, Redmen.com, or any other entities regarding RUMORS about his future.

Back