Transfer Portal 2022

Duke of Earlington post=461919 said:
Posh leaving would stink but the cupboard isnt bare.  We have Pinzon and King to man the position next year.

Oh my

Amaseinyourface post=461903 said:
L J S A post=461899 said:
I had a ton of work over the weekend . . . so I instead decided to look at every roster to see which NY/NJ/CT natives might be in the market for a change of scenery. I'll post the names later after finishing work.

Was looking at stat leaders a while ago and saw this player from Queens

[URL]https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4703615/darius-lee[/URL]

Never seen him play but very intriguing numbers. Obviously, we’ve gone down the Houston Baptist road before with little success.

Another guard who can't shoot from 3.  Just what the team needs.

Posh leaving would stink but the cupboard isnt bare.  We have Pinzon and King to man the position next year.

I’ve seen some silly posts in my day but that one is up there.  You do you, Duke!

Boo Harvey post=461930 said:

I’ve seen some silly posts in my day but that one is up there.  You do you, Duke!
Im confused.  You think this team would be in dire straights if Pinzon and King were the 2 pgs on the roster next year?

Duke of Earlington post=461936 said:

Im confused.  You think this team would be in dire straights if Pinzon and King were the 2 pgs on the roster next year?
We are much much better with Posh and Pinzon starting in the backcourt.

Duke of Earlington post=461936 said:

Think it was more the nonchalant implication you made that we have 2 PGs on the roster if Posh leaves.... you prefaced it with "it would stink".... but i feel some read past that

austour post=461929 said:
I had a ton of work over the weekend . . . so I instead decided to look at every roster to see which NY/NJ/CT natives might be in the market for a change of scenery. I'll post the names later after finishing work.

[URL]https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4703615/darius-lee[/URL]

Never seen him play but very intriguing numbers. Obviously, we’ve gone down the Houston Baptist road before with little success.

Like I said I havnt seen him play but 6’6 230 and over 8 boards makes me believe forward is best bet even if listed at G.

We need a Cuffe Jr. rumor to get the board going. Can redshirt freshman transfer? It doesn't matter. We need some off season excitement, especially since the off season starts early for St. John's fans.

Amaseinyourface post=461941 said:

Like I said I havnt seen him play but 6’6 230 and over 8 boards makes me believe forward is best bet even if listed at G.

We've had good luck with transfers from Houston Baptist/media/kunena/emoticons/cool.png/media/kunena/emoticons/dizzy.png.   David Caraher had virtually the same stats and we remember how that went.

Amaseinyourface post=461941 said:

Well he leads the team in assists so I wonder.  Then again he also leads the team in rebounding . . . and steals and  shots taken and shots missed.  Seems like he's more the product of being a ball dominant volume shooter on a bad team in a bad league.

I originally felt the transfer portal would hurt college bb but now that SJU is in desperate need of a talent infusion I am all for it. Funny how your view on a subject can change when it benefits your team.

Lee is not even a transfer at this point. Just throwing out a names of local guys with good numbers seeing as how the transfer game works now. It was his steals numbers that made me think he’d be a look for the system.  The numbers elsewhere are impressive but like I and you all said, it’s houston Baptist. Caraher all though not a BE player regardless, certainly wasn’t picked for CMA system. 

Nothing personal against Mr. Lee but I hope he loves the Lone Star State.

One thing I’m watching is if the NCAA is going to withhold the “one” in the one free transfer rule or are they going to grant exception after exception. And I’m not optimistic.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Big man from NJ

Neal Quinn, a Lafayette transfer, has already heard from NC State, Georgia Tech, Loyola Chicago, Richmond, Seton Hall, Butler, Ohio State and Illinois amongst others, he told @247Sports.

Enright post=461952 said:
I originally felt the transfer portal would hurt college bb but now that SJU is in desperate need of a talent infusion I am all for it. Funny how your view on a subject can change when it benefits your team.

Be careful what you wish for though.  Can just as easily bite you.

Back