Transfer Portal 2022

Section3 post=462031 said:
Hammond, of Niagara, is pretty good. Played for Cardozo.
Stats can be misleading. I look at FT shooting and 3 point shooting
Agree wholeheartedly on the stats. Local guys who fit the criteria who could contribute at the Big East level looked to be hard to come by, so hopefully we don't have to restock a whole team. Hammond looks like he'd be at or near the top of the list. I'm thinking the Bonnies players were well coached. There were other local guys under double digits, but a kid averaging 5 ppg in the SWAC obviously wouldn't do anything here so they were excluded.

I also have a list of local non-super seniors who may be ready to move on to a different school. Some were ranked so file those under pipe dream. Others put up decent stats as underclassmen and may want to use the freebie on a new challenge. File those guys under depth pieces if the roster blows up again.

Last edited:
L J S A post=462028 said:

Awesome. I sense another redmen.com annual tradition.

Out of those a few I really like-
JUSTYN MUTTS
JEENATHAN WILLIAMS
OSUN OSUNNIYI
KYLE LOFTON
TUCKER RICHARDSON

But why do I feel like we’ll end up with Khalid Moore?

Last edited:
lJSA - thank you so much for the list of players. Stats are fascinating to me. Khalid Moore was the one I was most familiar with in high school he unfortunately had a disappointing four years. After this season the first thing I looked at was free throw shooting. The offseason in college basketball has become like free agency for good or bad.

Amaseinyourface post=462036 said:

JUSTYN MUTTS
JEENATHAN WILLIAMS
OSUN OSUNNIYI
KYLE LOFTON
TUCKER RICHARDSON

Wasn't Mutts mentioned last year?

Moose post=462041 said:

JUSTYN MUTTS
JEENATHAN WILLIAMS
OSUN OSUNNIYI
KYLE LOFTON
TUCKER RICHARDSON

Wasn't Mutts mentioned last year?

He transferred 2 years ago to VT, maybe then?

i see that this offseason i am going to get irrationally excited with the delusional addition of Jeenathan Williams....

too bad walter whyte wasn't a big time player- could def see the students in hazmat suits at games lol

Is there a way to find out how many kids that entered the transfer portal last year didn’t find a new home?

JUSTYN MUTTS
JEENATHAN WILLIAMS
OSUN OSUNNIYI
KYLE LOFTON
TUCKER RICHARDSON

Funny thing about Khalid Moore is that he was all but transferring here last summer,until his parent told him no. Wanted to finish degree at GT. Great kid, good player that kind of got buried at GT. Passer likes guards.

L J S A post=462127 said:
stjohnnie75 post=462125 said:
Is there a way to find out how many kids that entered the transfer portal last year didn’t find a new home?

https://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2021

Click the new school arrow and it should group all the empty spaces together.

Thanks, I was looking at this site and it doesn’t look like it was completed as I saw some empty spaces but know the kid is playing this year.

RM86 post=462605 said:
Funny thing about Khalid Moore is that he was all but transferring here last summer,until his parent told him no. Wanted to finish degree at GT. Great kid, good player that kind of got buried at GT. Passer likes guards.

Limited sample size, but I think this staff can sell that they improve two- and three-star players, and help boost guys who've had an iffy four years at other major schools.

Moore will have that degree from a good school, and if he wants to see if he can get to double digits in this offense and catch on somewhere in the world afterward, then I will welcome him with open arms. If he doesn't improve, then we have a super experienced backup for a year who will still be better than any high schooler we get at this point.

Back