Transfer Portal 2022

panther2 post=464307 said:
Monte post=464302 said:
panther2 post=464301 said:
Monte post=464275 said:
I don't expect to see our name mentioned with to many  kids in the portal until we know who our coach is next season. 

Unless I am mistaken, we have a coach.
Technically you are right, but you tell me: you think any kid is going to show a an interest in us while rumors are swirling about our coach leaving? Whether or not those rumors are true(which at this point I believe there is some truth) is irreverent. They're out there and they are not being denied. 

How do you or anyone else know the rumors are not being denied? Coach Anderson is responsible to Father Shanley, Mike Cragg, his players, and his recruits. As long as he is communicating with them, all else is irrelevant.

Coach Anderson is a Grown Ass Man, he is not obliged to respond to the press, Redmen.com, or any other entities regarding RUMORS about his future.
I sense something will be said today clarifying MA  is staying

Monte post=464302 said:
Monte post=464275 said:
I don't expect to see our name mentioned with to many  kids in the portal until we know who our coach is next season. 

Technically you are right, but you tell me: you think any kid is going to show a an interest in us while rumors are swirling about our coach leaving? Whether or not those rumors are true(which at this point I believe there is some truth) is irreverent. They're out there and they are not being denied. 

How do you or anyone else know the rumors are not being denied? Coach Anderson is responsible to Father Shanley, Mike Cragg, his players, and his recruits. As long as he is communicating with them, all else is irrelevant.

Coach Anderson is a Grown Ass Man, he is not obliged to respond to the press, Redmen.com, or any other entities regarding RUMORS about his future.

Panther, of course this is true, but it is also true that in recruiting these things are used against coaches to the detriment of the person or program subject to the rumor.  So, it behooves Anderson and the school to unequivocally put this to rest, in their own self interest, or be subject to being hurt by not doing so.  That's just reality. 

Generally, when a party avoids talking about something like this, that begs being addressed, it is because they don't want to lie, or say something that is going to be proven untrue, so they wait till the matter settles or is clear so that a truthful statement can be made.  The negative implication of not saying anything publicly (while his and SJU's prerogative) is not good.

Last edited:
Paultzman post=464309 said:
Monte post=464302 said:
Monte post=464275 said:

I sense something will be said today clarifying MA  is staying
My source said done deal he’s leaving. If that is wrong, I shall never again post a rumor on this site. We’ll find out soon. 

P Simmons post=464313 said:
My source said done deal he’s leaving. If that is wrong, I shall never again post a rumor on this site. We’ll find out soon. 
——-
Hey P Simons

if being right on all predictions was a criteria for continued posting rumors on this site then Redmen.com would have no posters.  I hope you stick around whether your prediction is right or wrong.

oh, and I hope your rumor is wrong.

Last edited:
otis post=464316 said:
P Simmons post=464313 said:
——-
Hey P Simons

if being right on all predictions was a criteria for continued posting rumors on this site then Redmen.com would have no posters.  I hope you stick around whether your prediction is right or wrong.

oh, and I hope your rumor is wrong.

I don’t think he would leave the Board if his rumor turns out to not to be factual, just that he wouldn’t post anymore rumors.  If that indeed was a rule, there would be a lot of cricket sounds coming from this site.

Last edited:
Since CMA is not "transferring", it is time to start discussing what is in the "marketplace" and how they fit the needs for 2022/23 and the style of play.

Very good guard 

Princeton’s Jaelin Llewellyn has heard from Alabama, Vandy, Stanford, Minnesota, DePaul, Ohio State, Butler, Georgetown, St. John’s, Cincinnati, SMU, Memphis, Miami, Arkansas, Seton Hall, amongst plenty of others, he told @Stockrisers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paultzman post=464404 said:
Very good guard 

Princeton’s Jaelin Llewellyn has heard from Alabama, Vandy, Stanford, Minnesota, DePaul, Ohio State, Butler, Georgetown, St. John’s, Cincinnati, SMU, Memphis, Miami, Arkansas, Seton Hall, amongst plenty of others, he told @Stockrisers.

Similar stats to what Stef Smith brought to us from a similar level program. I have never seen him play so I don't know how there goes compare. Would be a good pickup but competition looks fierce.

Austin Williams from Hartford, a guy from one of my potential transfers list, entered the portal yesterday.

16.1/ 5.2 / 3.4 

6'4 200 New Jersey native.

Only brand-name opponent looks like it was UNLV, scored 15 

Per Jake Leiberman 

Hofstra guard Camren Wynter has put his name into the portal.

6'2 guard who averaged 15.8 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 4.6 assists. Grad transfer.

Hofstra?  I think Drexel?

Paultzman post=464551
Per Jake Leiberman 

6'2 guard who averaged 15.8 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 4.6 assists. Grad transfer.

wow, some productive big men and scoring guards already in the portal.

Paultzman wrote:
Per Jake Leiberman 

Four year double digit scorer for Drexel but really fell off from three this year shooting just under 28%; curious because he shot over 40% the year before, but fear he wouldn't translate to the kind of sharpshooter we need at Big East level.

fordham96 post=464552 said:
Hofstra?  I think Drexel?

Paultzman post=464551
Per Jake Leiberman 

Writer confused probably because he is Hempstead kid

Back