The Buzz is back!!!

cbs just reported this....
"Additionally, sources told CBS Sports that Iona coach Rick Pitino has been the Red Storm's primary target to take over for Anderson. St. John's president Rev. Brian Shanley has been leading the charge to lure Pitino away from Iona and is prepared to offer the 70-year-old Hall of Famer a hefty contract to bring him aboard, sources said."

nothing new except the part that says Father shanley is prepared to make a hefty contract. They are all in now. 10 mil to buy out anderson and now a hefty contract to Pitino (which probably means lifetime contract, which stipulations im assuming)
YESSSSSSSSSSSS SIRRRRRRRRRR

If Pitino is our coach, I predict that we will not loose one player of any consequence. You heard it here first.
Everyone on this team knows exactly what Rick coming here means, the bs losing is over, and things are about to get real.
It's our time, why not stay on the team and enjoy playing under a HOF'er, your game might even get better.

What happens if Pitino comes here and flops, God forbid? What do we do then?
Same thing we doing now and what we always do. I been tired of not getting a coach that can stick. Mlke can coach but let the kids run free. I dont think he likes to put the clamps on. Wasu made us crazy but was really getting it. mike did some job with Joel. Maybe the top coaches get the kids to catch on quicker. what i didn't get was why Belo was down to 6 min after 5 games. I weanted mike and the kids to all make it. After fran M we missed out on some wonderful coaches in our back yard.

I just meant that they may not have gotten rid of CMA if a deal with Pitino wasn't already wrapped up. They certainly wouldn't have gotten rid of him so quickly (maybe after the NIT) if there wasn't already a new coach lined up.
I think the same. We all saw some good things, but mike didn't get it done fast enough. Joel had another year but said no mike he's not here.

I think the same. We all saw some good things, but mike didn't get it done fast enough. Joel had another year but said no mike he's not here.
Not gonna knock CMA, but even his biggest supporters felt that he was given ample time to show some progress. He's gone we're moving forward. Also not gonna put too much credence in what an emotional Joel said. Let's let the dust settle and see who the new coach is and then see what happens with the kids. As I said in another post, if Pitino is our coach I expect most of the kids to come back.

Hopefully this is what seals the deal even if Texas Tech opens their Big School Wallet
Rick's comments on that CBS interview are interesting. One negative about NY is state taxes but that won't drive him away as he likes it here. His rejection of 20 to 30 states conincides with the number of states that don't have thoroughbred racing which is about 26. He has a love of golf based on his mention of Winged Foot. He likes being close to home (he can home to LI and the many great clubs there which don't have the hills of Westchester courses). If Rick wants to stay at Winged Foot--give him apackage that includes a limo and driver.

Back