The Buzz is back!!!

monte

2023 $upporter 2022 $upporter
We haven't even hired Pitino(yet) and I'm getting texts from friends from all over the country about the rumors, and about how great it will be for SJU if Pitino is our coach. These are not SJU fans per se, but fans of college basketball. Let's not blow this, this may well be our last chance in my lifetime to be relevant once again. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

We haven't even hired Pitino(yet) and I'm getting texts from friends from all over the country about the rumors, and about how great it will be for SJU if Pitino is our coach. These are not SJU fans per se, but fans of college basketball. Let's not blow this, this may well be our last chance in my lifetime to be relevant once again. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
I got a string of texts from a guy I hadn't heard from for years and (legitimately) thought had died. I guess he's still alive...or maybe Pitino's ability to resurrect the dead has already begun!

We get Rick, the days of being a nothing program are over, we'll matter again right as soon as Pitino's press conference begins, the other top B.E. coaches will catch a migraine saying to themselves: "omg, not Rick, we gotta deal with the best college basketball coach of our time. NOOOOOO."

Absolutely Monte so necessary that it hurts

Not only that Monte, but all the local news channels begin their sports reports now with this story. The Buzz is definitely here. Now Shanley and Cragg need to make sure it stays!

Then just shoot me dead.
Well if he doesnt do well he installed life into a program and people would say the game passed him by, but SJU did the right thing by hiring him. I also wouldnt be opposed to speedy claxton as plan b as news states he wants the job. When is the last time in our coaching hires that a Hall of Fame coach wants our job, a young up and comer WANTS OUR JOB. Plus our cubbard isnt empty either. Not concerned its a WIN WIN anyway

Ball is now in Pitino’s court. Let’s see how bad he really wants the St. John’s job.
I don't think that SJU gets rid of CMA so quickly if the Pitino deal isn't already done. In fact, they may not get rid of CMA at all if a deal with Pitino isn't happening. I mean, why get rid of CMA and eat his salary to hire a Mike Brey and pay him on top of CMA. And I don't see a booster coming up with the buyout money so that SJU can hire a Brey, a Speedy(who Id take over CMA), etc. And I want to believe that Pitino isnt just using us a leverage for another job. Maybe he is, but I don't see that happening at this point in his career. That is, of course, unless Jimmy Sexton is his agent 😂. As I said in my earlier post this is all just a guess, but that's what my gut tells me.

We lost a heartbreaker yesterday but things are looking way up in Johnnie land today - not only are there lots of good rumors about our next coach but UCONN lost and was sent back to their Storrs home yesterday - that made me very happy!
They get sent back to storrs, hopefully we have good news in store, and that good news also includes us keeping Storr

I don't think that SJU gets rid of CMA so quickly if the Pitino deal isn't already done. In fact, they may not get rid of CMA at all if a deal with Pitino isn't happening. I mean, why get rid of CMA and eat his salary to hire a Mike Brey and pay him on top of CMA. And I don't see a booster coming up with the buyout money so that SJU can hire a Brey, a Speedy(who Id take over CMA), etc. And I want to believe that Pitino isnt just using us a leverage for another job. Maybe he is, but I don't see that happening at this point in his career. That is, of course, unless Jimmy Sexton is his agent 😂. As I said in my earlier post this is all just a guess, but that's what my gut tells me.
I thought they cut him loose on Friday!

I thought they cut him loose on Friday!
I just meant that they may not have gotten rid of CMA if a deal with Pitino wasn't already wrapped up. They certainly wouldn't have gotten rid of him so quickly (maybe after the NIT) if there wasn't already a new coach lined up.

Back