The Airing of the Grievances

jealousy. They lash out when information changes or is wrong and then rely upon false bravado when called out on it.

There is a part of them (conscience or sub-conscience) that wants to be the one "in the know" and be perceived as a star. They resent those who have what they don't have but want.

I, on the other hand, do not want what I haven't got. RIP SOC

The kind of logic you’re arguing against is insane. The “in-the-know” guys catching strays for telling an entire message board what they’ve heard is absolutely absurd and not fair to them. They have nothing to gain by relaying what they’ve heard or know. Maybe all the skeptics would be happier if these posters stopped posting this stuff here. They’re being honest and, even, apologetic…and that’s still not good enough. SMH
The point I was making is that even guys who know things really don’t with the constant changes and the money involved. It’s a sad state of affairs but that’s the reality of it all. I too appreciated the in the know guys but at this point will take whatever they say with a grain of salt thanks to parents, players, coaches and affluent alumni who will lie, cheat or do whatever to gain an advantage be it for financial reasons or bragging rights. Anyone with half a brain would have realized that I was not knocking the “in the know guys” but the new state of college hoops which is despicable.

Don't pay any attention to the person who indirectly called out you, Paultz, and others who often provide info. He has issues.
Clearly you misunderstood my post as the intent was not to call anyone out but to confirm that the current state of college hoops doesn’t alllow anyone to actually know what’s going on. If you read my other post above I’ve explained that.

The lesson we should all take from this is……THE IN THE KNOW GUYS KNOW AS MUCH AS THE “NOT” IN THE KNOW GUYS.

According to the in the know guys, players were lining up to come here and coach had assembled a monster portal class. 😂 oh wait….. I forgot recruiting is fluid. 😂😂😂😂😂
I must have half a brain because this certainly comes across like “knocking the in-the-know” guys. I don’t know if it’s the all caps in the first graph or the 6 laughing emojis in the 2nd.

Clearly you misunderstood my post as the intent was not to call anyone out but to confirm that the current state of college hoops doesn’t alllow anyone to actually know what’s going on. If you read my other post above I’ve explained that.
I recant my post if that was the premise of your post. But I do know in the past (prior to NIL) that you would regularly call out "in-the-know" posters. So, your prior behavior doesn't help you on this one.

I must have half a brain because this certainly comes across like “knocking the in-the-know” guys. I don’t know if it’s the all caps in the first graph or the 6 laughing emojis in the 2nd.
Again, I never said they did anything wrong or put them down. You guys are too sensitive. If you read the entire post especially the last comment it kind of says where the blame lies. I just thought that would be obvious to most but apparently not.

While I’ve always appreciated their info in the past, with what’s going on today, it’s better not to know anything then get our hopes up and then shot down.

Again, I never said they did anything wrong or put them down. You guys are too sensitive. If you read the entire post especially the last comment it kind of says where the blame lies. I just thought that would be obvious to most but apparently not.

While I’ve always appreciated their info in the past, with what’s going on today, it’s better not to know anything then get our hopes up and then shot down.
lol I’m too sensitive?? I don’t give a damn about any of this.

Wow, that’s a first in my 20 years on the webz. Been called a lot of things…sensitive not being one of them.

I mean, you literally said I have “half a brain” if I took your post as a shot towards them. I don’t know you, you can call me whatever you want I don’t care, but your post is what it is, just admit it.

Wow, that’s a first in my 20 years on the webz. Been called a lot of things…sensitive not being one of them.

I mean, you literally said I have “half a brain” if I took your post as a shot towards them. I don’t know you, you can call me whatever you want I don’t care, but your post is what it is, just admit it.

No reason to keep rehashing this over and over, perhaps my half a brain comment was a bit to much but that was a reaction to another poster stating that I have issues. Still shouldn’t have stooped to that level as well and for that I apologize . However I will stand by my statement that the original post was not meant to put anyone down but to magnify the fact that in these crazy times, no one really has a handle on what any recruit is doing. And here’s the sad reality, should Wilcher or Dunlap etc. have a great year, or even a modestly good one, they will probably go a portaling as well. One can only image how long Pitino will deal with this garbage before he retires.

The lesson we should all take from this is……THE IN THE KNOW GUYS KNOW AS MUCH AS THE “NOT” IN THE KNOW GUYS.

According to the in the know guys, players were lining up to come here and coach had assembled a monster portal class. 😂 oh wait….. I forgot recruiting is fluid. 😂😂😂😂😂

In short, no one accounted for the greed and money involved.
Scratching my head trying to understand the logic behind your post and keep asking myself if it was really necessary.
Can't seem to find any reason for it.

Maybe this will answer the text about "insiders".., having never been one, nor tried to be one..just a guy trying to pass along info to a really enthusiastic knowledable fan base. I share what i know. Prior to NIL their were variables but very few. Kids sometimes charged their mind last minute but not often. Now it's passing along info which is fluid..it will be that way going foward. For EVERYBODY... incl coaches who thought they had players until the last second out of nowhere. So, and i only speak for myself...read it or not, your choice. This is the new reality. Period.
Not even worth responding to, 79. Can't worry about the nattering nabobs of negativity.

Scratching my head trying to understand the logic behind your post and keep asking myself if it was really necessary.
Can't seem to find any reason for it.
If you read some of my follow up posts it may make sense. The entire post can be summed up by the last line.

I'm not sure what grievances we could express here that haven't been stated 100 times before regarding the current state of college basketball.

Reality #1 is that for a very large group of players, "who" the coach is and what conference your school plays in, is now secondary to getting PAID.
Reality #2 is the schools with the largest available NIL money will consistently get the players most coveted in the portal.

St. John's could offer Cliff or Roach $500,000 and Kentucky, Kansas, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. will easily counter with $700,000.
Thus, we will swing for the fences and hope we hit one out of the park but in the next inning the other team just has too many better pitchers to close out the game.

And what a GAME it is now with agents intent on getting the highest bid for their players to gain street cred.

In the end, be happy to know that we have a legendary coach who will get the most out of his players. Also be happy to see schools like Kansas and Kentucky who paid MILLIONS for their players not even make the sweet sixteen.

I'm not sure what grievances we could express here that haven't been stated 100 times before regarding the current state of college basketball.

Reality #1 is that for a very large group of players, "who" the coach is and what conference your school plays in, is now secondary to getting PAID.
Reality #2 is the schools with the largest available NIL money will consistently get the players most coveted in the portal.

St. John's could offer Cliff or Roach $500,000 and Kentucky, Kansas, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. will easily counter with $700,000.
Thus, we will swing for the fences and hope we hit one out of the park but in the next inning the other team just has too many better pitchers to close out the game.

And what a GAME it is now with agents intent on getting the highest bid for their players to gain street cred.

In the end, be happy to know that we have a legendary coach who will get the most out of his players. Also be happy to see schools like Kansas and Kentucky who paid MILLIONS for their players not even make the sweet sixteen.
Not Tennessee, players are leaving here too in both Men’s and Women’s hoops as most NIL and booster money is going to football 🏈.

How much longer is our coach, who prides himself on player development, going to last in this new reality?

And wouldn’t it figure, we finally after many years get a coach who would draw in top athletes to play for him and NIL has taken the focus off players concerned with developing with good coaching and put it squarely on a players financial gain. Now playing for a great coach is a secondary concern at best.

Call it a dark cloud, a curse etc. us Johnnie fans never seem to catch a break.🤪

Duke is losing seven players to the portal this season. The remarkable thing this year is seeing programs that have money and rep potentially losing players. St John's has done well keeping most in the fold.

I think the coaching factor still has a strong influence in the players decisions.

Duke is losing seven players to the portal this season. The remarkable thing this year is seeing programs that have money and rep potentially losing players. St John's has done well keeping most in the fold.

I think the coaching factor still has a strong influence in the players decisions.
Don’t they have like 5 five star kids coming in?

Back