The Airing of the Grievances

It's all conjecture but I feel like you're vastly underestimating the curse. Take this year for example. We had everything going for us: Good players ( a room full of 5th year seniors ), great coach, good crowds, good schedule. They performed admirably yet somehow it didn't happen and if this season wasn't enough, I really don't know when. We have some serious black magic working against us.
Carmine: "All truth, facts and persuasive argument. No falsehoods, opinion or conjecture."

Also Carmine: "WE'RE CURSED I TELL YA! BLACK MAGIC!"

The idea that if Hurley took over SJU in 2015 could not have SJU in top half of BE in 3 years is complete wish casting.
Who said anything about top half of BE? Rick was top half BE and it accomplished Nothing. I wasn't clear about what I meant by "Hurley would have lost" because I assumed my reputation preceeded me. I was speaking of the "St. John's special" - not qualifying for the Ncaa tournament. Something I believe a hypothetically hired Hurley would have struggled with as all our coaches do.

Big F'ing SUV's with completely blacked out windows. It's like driving behind a tank with a solar eclipse

Who the F needs a truck so big

If we hired Hurley...Hurley wouldn't be HURLEY. Just because Ucant became the nation's best with him does not mean he could have done same at Union and Utopia. St. Johns is a whole other animal. Just ask the Hall of fame coach who was just able to dance twice at little New Rochelle before running into the brick wall that is us. Hurley would have lost here just like the rest of them.
That brick wall also hit seton hall and to a lesser extent providence . Our hot coach blasted the committee for Seton Hall not being in the tourney . Next year ncaa selection committee meeting should be mic'd up. What is there to hide ?

That brick wall also hit seton hall and to a lesser extent providence . Next year ncaa selection committee meeting should be mic'd up. What is there to hide ?
Well, not exactly. Seton hall danced in 2016, 17, 18, 19 and 22. The Friars danced in 2014, 15, 16, 17, 18, 22, 23. For us it's a brick wall. For them it's more like the border wall that Mexico paid for. The Ncaa commits their crimes in plain sight in broad daylight. They have nothing to hide.

Since we’re airing out grievances, what the absolute f*** has Elon musk done to twitter?

Every tweet there’s multiple replies under it with bots saying “nudes in my profile” (no, not even Maher should want to click on these accounts, they are complete spam)

The replies that aren’t bots, are usually just people tweeting completely unrelated shit just to farm engagement in hopes to make money.

It has become a complete and utter wasteland and it runs like crap

My current grievance is that Paultzman's flight to Borneo has apparently been delayed.

Either that or Moose has assumed his rightful place as Mortal Enemy #1.

I didn't write anything that can be disagreed with. I just stated the facts of his record and didn't say he was a great coach. Ncaa tournament bids are not a comfortable fit for you? Four years of less than Nit level awful basketball and the soul crushing realization that even an all time great coach isn't enough to get us over the top a more comfortable fit for you?

Let's just all accept Carmine has, as Bob Ryan said to me about St Johns fans when I told him all I wanted was a win against SH and a ticket to the dance, a low bar and leave it at that.

Alternatively we could assume he defends "Don't Give Up On Us" to this day because he was a big Starsky and Hutch fan.

Last edited:
Let's just all accept Carmine has a low bar and leave it at that
My bar is neither too low nor high. It's exactly placed at the right height for this program. Just dance and lose 1st game = success...don't dance = failure. Regular season results and conference tournament results not part of the expectation equation. I imagine the vast majority of our fans have the bar set the same.

Back