The Airing of the Grievances

Then not pertaining to this board but I wanna ban the phrase “ let’s circle back to this “
Again not relating to this board, but I'd like to ban the phrase "it's all good". Maybe I'm getting old and cranky, but when I hear it used, it usually means not everything being commented on could be described as good, but we'll call it "all good" to end any discussion. Just a very lazy euphemism to me.

Neither turned out to be a good hire.
Well one clearly wasn't. The other was a no coaching experience newbie who's record improved every single year he coached then it ended prematurely after his best season ever. Your conclusion seems based on inconclusive evidence and tilted negative when it should be tilted positive while giving every benefit of the doubt with him being our Babe Ruth and all.

Well one clearly wasn't. The other was a no coaching experience newbie who's record improved every single year he coached then it ended prematurely after his best season ever. Your conclusion seems based on inconclusive evidence and tilted negative when it should be tilted positive while giving every benefit of the doubt with him being our Babe Ruth and all.
Disagree. All time great and good guy, love him to death and all that he did for the University including our most recent trip to the NCAA Tourney. However that does not make him a great coach. Coaching wise it was not a comfortable fit andI really wish it had been. If it was, he would have been here longer than four years.

Disagree. All time great and good guy, love him to death and all that he did for the University including our most recent trip to the NCAA Tourney. However that does not make him a great coach. Coaching wise it was not a comfortable fit andI really wish it had been. If it was, he would have been here longer than four years.
I suspect that arguing with Carmine about this will be similar to arguing with Carmine about Jenkins. You gotta admire the loyalty tho.

I didn't write anything that can be disagreed with. I just stated the facts of his record and didn't say he was a great coach. Ncaa tournament bids are not a comfortable fit for you? Four years of less than Nit level awful basketball and the soul crushing realization that even an all time great coach isn't enough to get us over the top a more comfortable fit for you?

Last edited:
Back