SJU Portal Targets

Poor analogy ….. Townsend’s one player, I mentioned three.
So Caleb Love and Bacot were pre-season All-Americans on a blue blood school that played for the NC the year before.

After missing the NCAAs are you saying SJU would not take either from the Portal because UNC badly underachieved? Huh?

Trust the music!
I will watch and listen with cautious optimism as last year at this time we were jumping for joy with the likes of Soriano returning, (Dingle) the second leading scorer in the country, Ledlum, wanted by everyone, Wilcher a high 4 star prospect, Luis, Alleyne etc.etc. etc. and then we got walloped by Michigan, go on to a 2-8 run in conference play and eventually hear the same old song of not making the Dance.

I’ll hold my enthusiasm until I see the product on the court……. And then if warranted,I’ll be jumping for joy. 😎👍 I advise any poster who values their sanity to do likewise.

So Caleb Love and Bacot were pre-season All-Americans on a blue blood school that played for the NC the year before.

After missing the NCAAs are you saying SJU would not take either from the Portal because UNC badly underachieved? Huh?
First of all, I never said or implied we shouldn’t take anyone. I simply asked if there were so many desirable players on that team why did they finish so low in the conference, especially with such a good coach like Jim Larranaga? Some things just don’t add up.

the question itself is Valid… 3 seemingly well sought after transfers coached by Larranga should have been able to do better than 14th… he asked if they were hurt…

UNC was an 8 seed that year that got hot at the right time… extremely over-rated going into the next season…. Imagine if St Peters kept its squad together and were ranked top 10 lol

Regardless- you take Omier in a heartbeat

First of all, I never said or implied we shouldn’t take anyone. I simply asked if there were so many desirable players on that team why did they finish so low in the conference, especially with such a good coach like Jim Larranaga? Some things just don’t add up.
They had a ton of injuries and things happen.

See my UNC analogy from last year.

the question itself is Valid… 3 seemingly well sought after transfers coached by Larranga should have been able to do better than 14th… he asked if they were hurt…

UNC was an 8 seed that year that got hot at the right time… extremely over-rated going into the next season…. Imagine if St Peters kept its squad together and were ranked top 10 lol

Regardless- you take Omier in a heartbeat
I don't see how what you wrote dsiputes my point.

Overrated or not UNC underachieved with two of the best players in the country. Period.

Someone once said this about Jets fans and it definitely applies to some here. FYI: I’m a fan of both teams.

“A Johnnies fan could find a bag of 20s and bitch that they’re not 50s.”
Probably cause with the way this programs luck has run, when Johnnie’s fans have found a bag of 20s it likely came from a recent bank robbery. .
🤪👍

Who cares about the other two, the only guy we are involved with has averaged a double double four years in a row while shooting 57% from the field and as Jack pointed out did that one year on a final 4 team,
Not exactly, Pitino and crew have reached out to all three.

Back