SJU Portal Targets

Good Morning the Johnnies are on the board in a big way with two new additions! We discuss Vince Iwuchukwu and Aaron Scott, what they bring to the roster and what else is needed. But that’s not all because yesterday major rumors started swirling about who else SJU was involved with. We touch on it all and recap the last 6 weeks of the portal and much more!

I think both additions are excellent. I’m hoping that Scott thrives in Pitino’s system with his athleticism and bball IQ. And Vince, if healthy with a new start, can be a big factor going forward.

I think both additions are excellent. I’m hoping that Scott thrives in Pitino’s system with his athleticism and bball IQ. And Vince, if healthy with a new start, can be a big factor going forward.
I think people need to seriously temper their expectations for Vince. He's not in the same category as Scott and Scott might not even start.
Vince is a depth piece who might get some starts against bigger lineups, but it's far more likely he plays 10 mpg than 30.

And I write that fully supporting the decision to add him. I'll add...I think Maker is that guy posters are trying to force on Vince.

Looking forward to hearing about another slate of portal targets who I never knew existed until today but are now essential to my mental state, emotional well being and ability to perform in bed.
not going to lie i didnt pay any attention to ACC and never saw Miami play last year. Had NO idea who Omeir was... and now he is "essential to my mental state, emotional well being and ability to perform in bed" as you say!!!!!!

I think people need to seriously temper their expectations for Vince. He's not in the same category as Scott and Scott might not even start.
Vince is a depth piece who might get some starts against bigger lineups, but it's far more likely he plays 10 mpg than 30.

And I write that fully supporting the decision to add him.
I prefaced my comment on Vince with “if healthy”. I mean the guy was a top 25, 5 star player out of HS. I’m hoping it was his injury, and perhaps a mess of a system that held him back. Not saying Pitino is a miracle worker but who knows what he may be capable of?

If we sign Richmond and Omier, Bart Torvik has us, as of now, with the 11th-rated roster heading into next season. Without Pitino, NIL, and Repole we were DePaul plus. These changes in the cbb landscape saved the program. Blows my mind that some people on this board can't see that.
Who doesn’t realize that lol?

I prefaced my comment on Vince with “if healthy”. I mean the guy was a top 25, 5 star player out of HS. I’m hoping it was his injury, and perhaps a mess of a system that held him back. Not saying Pitino is a miracle worker but who knows what he may be capable of?
Healthy or not, I don't see anything that warrants a top 50 ranking and certainly not a top 25. Predicting the center position is the hardest thing in college basketball. You can't teach 7'1 250, though, and we all saw firsthand how that kind of size can impact a game in the right situation with a barely ambulatory Curtis Johnson.

I think he can be very good on the offensive glass. He's going to struggle in space on defense, but I don' think he will be a total liability and will be better than Soriano (who was awful). It comes down to how well Pitino can get him to block shots and anticipate.

Maker I think will be a stud by his junior year. I love that kid's potential regardless of his ranking. He's a top 50 caliber recruit. Just my 2 cents.

Back