Mets 2024 Season

How about Brandon Sproat down in AA? Strikes out 13 batters in 5 innings on only 81 pitches. He strikes out 11 batters in a row at one point.
he should be promoted to Syracuse now.
Today was icing on an already great 1st minor league season.
2.05 era over 16 starts in Brooklyn & Binghamton
Give him seasoning there for 2 months, he’ll be in Mets rotation next year

he should be promoted to Syracuse now.
Today was icing on an already great 1st minor league season.
2.05 era over 16 starts in Brooklyn & Binghamton
Give him seasoning there for 2 months, he’ll be in Mets rotation next year
Promoted!

Peterson’s numbers are fine this year I guess. But I just don’t like watching him pitch. He’s a soft soft pitcher

Brutal loss. Mets debut for Brazoban a disaster. Another bullpen loss
Not sure why that was the situation for his debut, although that could be nothing more than PO’d hindsight, I don’t know anything about the guy. But he fit right in, yet another two out meltdown by a reliever, aided of course by a big walk and then that seemingly favorite pitch of Met relievers, the gopher ball. Agree, brutal, brutal loss.
And let’s not ignore the Mets again were horrible with RISP, 1-7. And finally, why is the ceiling for Met starters seemingly 80 pitches?

Last edited:
The Mets just can’t get the bullpen right. Stearns dabbled all off season with marginal bullpen pieces. Gambled on a bunch of craptacular arms and almost none of them proved useful or competent. That’s on him.

He, to his credit, pivoted and dumped almost everyone he acquired. Injuries to Raley (huge loss) and Smith ( I know was Smith ever really good anyway?) did the rest. However, we now have another pile of suspects (Maton, Stanek, Brazoban) and are we marginally better, if that?

I know one thing, this organization needs to take a hard look at how they put together a bullpen. The philosophy seems throw together a bunch of throwers with high ERAs and pray someone pans out.

I am a big fan of the Rocket City Trash Panadas.

How about the Savannah Bananas--you can see their "performances" on YouTube. They are baseball's Harlem Globetrotters as a barnstorming team and do a great version of Dirty Dancing.

It was Brazoban's first home run/earned run since July 9th (7 appearances). Hopefully just a blip
Like I said, I know nothing about the guy so it very well could be a blip. Or it could be the difference between pitching for a team never going anywhere and a team in the thick of the playoff picture.
WAY WAY too early to even entertain that thought, but it was disappointing seeing the pattern reveal itself again with a brand new player, who as you shared, was seemingly going through a terrific stretch. However, 7 blown saves and no saves in 3 years somewhat raises a flag to me; which is where my completely speculative premise above comes from. We shall see………

How about Brandon Sproat down in AA? Strikes out 13 batters in 5 innings on only 81 pitches. He strikes out 11 batters in a row at one point.
UNBELIEVABLE season so far. If he can keep it going over his next 5 starts, he’s got a real shot at getting a September call up and pitching in the bullpen.

Blade Tidwell, who just seems like a winner to me, had a nearly identical ERA to Sproat in AA this season but has struggled to a 5.63 ERA in 11 appearances in AAA. That level can be a big obstacle for some.

Hopefully one or both can surge here late.

It was Brazoban's first home run/earned run since July 9th (7 appearances). Hopefully just a blip
Maybe first game with a new team jitters. He seemed to get visibly upset with himself after he walked a batter. Seemed to lose his composure a bit and completely lost the plate after that

Irony. mjmaherjr’s favorite happy hour spot for food in Huntington ( Nathalie’s also ) the new bartender her brother is best friends with Jose Quintana. Not sure what’s better. Free drinks or trying to score some free good Mets seats

Last edited:
Back