Mets 2024 Season

I just don’t get modern baseball, up 2-0, 8th inning opens with an Alonso error, fly out and then a walk on 3-2 after throwing strikes with a fastball but throwing a breaking ball not close 3 times, throwing it again on 3-2, and not close.
It drove me nuts watching batters not take advantage of the ridiculous shifts against them. Tony Gwynn would have hit .400.

Mets pick up 3 pitchers at deadline, don’t give up any top 25 prospects.

Brazobán from Fla comes w 4 more years of control.
Blackburn has 1 more year of arb.
Brazoban is already 34 so I don’t know how valuable the team control will be. Still better to have it than not.

Winker was a very solid add as a platoon guy. Good #s against righties this year and for his career.

Stearns handled this well I think, and I’m going to trust his eye for inexpensive talent until proven otherwise.

I just don’t get modern baseball, up 2-0, 8th inning opens with an Alonso error, fly out and then a walk on 3-2 after throwing strikes with a fastball but throwing a breaking ball not close 3 times, throwing it again on 3-2, and not close.
I don’t mind breaking balls 3-2. That’s the game now. You used to be able to sit fastball 3-2 and now you have to be ready for everything. It makes it’s very hard as a hitter.

3-1 I want so see a well placed fastball, but 3-2 is anything goes.

Hopefully this isn't a case of shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.
I definitely don't think so. Maton and Stanek were contributors to the Astros World Series teams and the advanced stats show that they should be better. Also think Nunez/Butto look for real as contributors this year. Brazoban is really intriguing as well.

Garrett's splits with resting are kind of incredible:

Now with who we've got, hopefully Mendoza can use him a lot less on back to back days.

I definitely don't think so. Maton and Stanek were contributors to the Astros World Series teams and the advanced stats show that they should be better. Also think Nunez/Butto look for real as contributors this year. Brazoban is really intriguing as well.

Garrett's splits with resting are kind of incredible:

Now with who we've got, hopefully Mendoza can use him a lot less on back to back days.
A lot of these bullpen arms are grossly overworked.

I’d like to put some of the older guys like Ottavino on the 10 day IL after their next outing. A rejuvenated Ottavino would be huge for the end of the season.

The Padres gave a really easy stretch coming up then a rough end to the year. It wouldn’t shock me to see us multiple games behind then soon.

The Padres gave a really easy stretch coming up then a rough end to the year. It wouldn’t shock me to see us multiple games behind then soon.
I hope not. Mets schedule coming up playing Angels, Rockies, Mariners, A’s., Marlins. Not exactly murderers row. Primarily on the road but these are teams they “should” play well against. If not they shouldn’t be a playoff team.

I hope not. Mets schedule coming up playing Angels, Rockies, Mariners, A’s., Marlins. Not exactly murderers row. Primarily on the road but these are teams they “should” play well against. If not they shouldn’t be a playoff team.
Then we got seven games against padres and diamondbacks

Have four head to head with them end of August. I will be out there for the fourth game. Hope I need a broom.

My wife and I decided to go to Chicago over Labor Day weekend using points for flights/hotel. Hopefully we didn't set ourselves up for a big let down but seeing them play the White Sox will be fun.

Nice opening night for Blackburn gave 6 innings and probably had enough for 7th. Backed up by good fielding including 2 DP's, Iglesias is incredible in turning them. His throw to Pete on the first one as he was going to third was special.

Back