Mets 2024 Season

Take 3 of 4 from the Braves and pass them ! I will be interested to see how Sale pitches today he has not pitched since before the All Star game and was supposed to pitch Tuesday than Weds now Today. I could see him not being sharp with all the uncertainty this week. On the other hand I could also see him well rested and powerful and blowing us away.

Take 3 of 4 from the Braves and pass them ! I will be interested to see how Sale pitches today he has not pitched since before the All Star game and was supposed to pitch Tuesday than Weds now Today. I could see him not being sharp with all the uncertainty this week. On the other hand I could also see him well rested and powerful and blowing us away.
Strangely the Mets seem to play better against better pitching. The Marlins series was a struggle and they threw 4 guys with 5++ ERAs. The Yankees threw Gil and Cole at them and the Mets did a better job. No explanation but it is what it is.

Butto has been huge so far. Mets need to make some moves still in bullpen and upgrade that third outfield spot either internally or via trade.

Conforto is an interesting name if the Giants will eat some of the contract.

A lot of chatter that Ramirez will be traded. He’s been disappointing at the plate but good defense in center and an absolute rocket arm from any OF spot will bring suitors.

If we can win this series against the Braves, I'd love for the Mets to surprise the world and trade for Luis Robert on the White Sox (along with Fredde and Kopech). Obviously not a need, but him starting in CF and us fully healthy, would give us the best lineup in the majors. McNeil would be our 9th hitter... Give them Baty, Ramirez, Acuna, and Vasil.

Another package with Tampa for Efflin/Fairbanks would be good as well.

I don't think we should just think that this has to be a bridge year like we thought. Team looks for real.

Why is Hefner still the pitching coach?

And…has it been established that it was a suicide squeeze last night because that is some awful managing from Snitker. I didn’t think bunting him to 3rd was the best move (for a road team at least). Trying way too hard to score one run in that situation.

Why is Hefner still the pitching coach?

And…has it been established that it was a suicide squeeze last night because that is some awful managing from Snitker. I didn’t think bunting him to 3rd was the best move (for a road team at least). Trying way too hard to score one run in that situation.
He was quoted as saying there was no play on; big outs on the bases for the Braves in both the 9th and 10th obviously.
Mets bullpen has given up 2 runs in their last 15 1/3 innings. Hopefully they have turned it around but way too small a sample size to get excited over. Butto to the pen has been huge.

Well Senga goes down which is a huge buzzkill, praying it was just a cramp

Orze comes in and immediately gives up a homer and then walks the next guy…

Well Senga goes down which is a huge buzzkill, praying it was just a cramp

Orze comes in and immediately gives up a homer and then walks the next guy…
Thankfully, so far, the Mets have said it’s a strain. That didn’t look good at all. It still stinks but that had possible or partial tear written all over it.

Back