Mets 2024 Season

It almost felt like we were trying to lose but I’ll take it. The hitting has cooled off. Hoping they can show more life soon.

I’ve already won because they kept it interesting until the start of football camp.

It almost felt like we were trying to lose but I’ll take it. The hitting has cooled off. Hoping they can show more life soon.

I’ve already won because they kept it interesting until the start of football camp.
I am greedy and would love if they could get us to September still in the mix

I am torn on what we should do at the trading deadline.
I would be fine trading one of Severino, Manaea or Quintana. I think trading two would really hurt any wild card chances and while we aren't going to the World Series at least it's something to root for.

Also the return for the second guy probably isn going to alter our future. Unless we plan to fortify our bullpen, Butto looks good there for now.

I would definitely float Alonso and Martinez but wouldn't trade both. In theory Alonso should be our most valuable trade piece.

I still don't see a great team coming anytime soon unless we get very creative or lucky so if we have a chance to get in the playoffs I might ride it out possibly picking up an extra reliever unless someone blows us away with a key young piece.
Now that Scott just hit the IL, it changes thought process a little, as we’re back
to a 5 man rotation, unless megill or butto becomes 6th.

I would definitely float Martinez- promote Baty - tearing it up again in AAA ( 2 HRs Tues night).
Alonso keep- he’s having a below avg year(reduces return) & they will offer him
contract that will get them a draft pick when he refuses

Now that Scott just hit the IL, it changes thought process a little, as we’re back
to a 5 man rotation, unless megill or butto becomes 6th.

I would definitely float Martinez- promote Baty - tearing it up again in AAA ( 2 HRs Tues night).
Alonso keep- he’s having a below avg year(reduces return) & they will offer him
contract that will get them a draft pick when he refuses

I would not replace JD with Baty. One has been a key to the resurgence while the other has been key to the nose dive.

I would not replace JD with Baty. One has been a key to the resurgence while the other has been key to the nose dive.
I don’t disagree that I’d rather have JD than Baty this year in a clutch Sept at bat.
But yes JD had a strong June (.272 avg, .874 ops), but his July has been terrible (.196/.589 ops)
And JD leads (bad) the Mets in K’s per at bat

Last edited:
Cole doesn't want to see Mets too soon. In 2 games, he has pitched 9.2 innings, given up 12 earned runs and 7 homers. Yanks look like they have bullpen problems while our bullpen looked "Young" and Otto finally had a positive with a big out for the win.

That was fun. Bombs away. The offense is good. Of course, I don’t want to get too excited. Here come the Braves. The Yankees? They stink. They are a two man team.

Back