Mets 2024 Season

We can’t lose 2/3 to the marlins to open this tough stretch. That is pitiful. We also can’t keep throwing Scott if he can’t keep the ball in the park.

Bats seem relatively lifeless right now. Is this a team just happy to be in the mix or do they want to make the playoffs? Guess we'll find out

Good win tonight. We are DONE playing in Miami this season. Thank god

Lindor cracks two homers tonight and the bullpen survives yet another scare

Divisions and League have become victims of the play every team schedule. Looking at September the Mets have games vs the White Sox, Red Sox and Blue Jays.

I think they are just softening everyone up for the future. Divisions (NL East) and Leagues (NL/AL) will be gone. Top 12 or whatever will make the playoffs. It’s coming. Seriously, does anyone really think in terms of AL/NL? They destroyed that years ago. I don’t like it but it is what it is. Rob Manfred has been terrible for baseball.

Do not be dissapointed if we trade a starter or 2 and a positional player at the deadline. While its nice to be in the wild card race I think they are still thinking long term and if they can get a few more top prospects to build the farm it may be too enticing.

Do not be dissapointed if we trade a starter or 2 and a positional player at the deadline. While it’s nice to be in the wild card race I think they are still thinking long term and if they can get a few more top prospects to build the farm it may be too enticing.
It would not bother me at all if we traded 1 or 2 of Severino, manea or Quintana only if we got a GOOD return.
We currently have a 6 man rotation plus butto, pitching well right now, been a starter all his career.

Megill has been great since returning to AAA , & sproat & Tidwell are almost major league ready.

I am torn on what we should do at the trading deadline.
I would be fine trading one of Severino, Manaea or Quintana. I think trading two would really hurt any wild card chances and while we aren't going to the World Series at least it's something to root for.

Also the return for the second guy probably isn going to alter our future. Unless we plan to fortify our bullpen, Butto looks good there for now.

Attavino is the only relief pitcher that seems worth trading. I don't know what Nunez status is but again trading Nunez would hurt us. I don't know what you can get for Attavino.

I would definitely float Alonso and Martinez but wouldn't trade both. In theory Alonso should be our most valuable trade piece.

I still don't see a great team coming anytime soon unless we get very creative or lucky so if we have a chance to get in the playoffs I might ride it out possibly picking up an extra reliever unless someone blows us away with a key young piece.

Back