Mets 2024 Season

Was disappointed as I wanted Vance Honeycut from UNC who went to Baltimore a few picks later. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

I wanted the kid from UNC as well but he is a strikeout machine. Benge makes super hard contact, so they must be assuming they can make his doubles turn into HRs. I doubt it takes 4 years to see him given the needs in our outfield.

I confess I saw little of Benge but I have seen Honeycutt make plays on both sides of the field using multiple tools. I think it is funny that in todays world of strikeouts are ok the only knock the experts talked about was his strikeouts. I think we may regret this one. That said baseball draft is the biggest crapshoot of the drafts.

Scott with another very up and down showing, my impression of him is the same I had last year of Baty, an Al McGuire airport player.
I certainly wouldn't be shocked if you are right. I do like the fact that he throws strikes and actually hasn't given up a ton of hits in the innings he has thrown. If he can cut down on the home runs hopefully he can stick.

not the Mets but Aussie, Aussie, Aussie--Oy Oy Oy. With #1 pick, Cleveland takes an Australian, Travis Bazzana; baseball becoming a world game. He had some great numbers with twice as many walks to K's and 28 home runs (up from 11 in prior year)

I know little about the pitchers but the 2nd and 3rd rounders are pitchers A lefty from Duke (Jonathan Santucci) and RHP Nate Dohm from MS State. Pitching, pitching, pitching. We need to get back to adding young quality pitching. Hopefully, these kids are part of the answer.

I don't know anything about the selections thus far.

Looking at the #'s, Carson Benge at #19 overall seems like a decent pick. We have been pretty weak for at least a decade the farm system with outfielders. His college stats compare favorably to Alonso and Conforto -- with more doubles, triples, and homers than both but with slightly lower average and OBP. Those #s obviously don't always translate to MLB directly, but I'd rather they be better than worse. Rocket arm for right is big too.

Interesting that only his Oklahoma State teammate from last year had more homers (19) than any recent college prospects I can remember us drafting -- but McLean has a lot of God-given physical tools you can't teach. McLean also batted around 70 points lower and struck out twice as much to get those #s.

A shut out is a shut out but we need to get the offense going pretty quickly here. We were gifted the Marlins to start the 2nd half. They have one of if not the worst offenses in baseball and the Mets have struggled for a split in the first two games. They (rotten Fish) also have multiple starters down and the offense just can’t find big hits.

Back