Mets 2024 Season

I love Diaz and I am glad we signed him. The five year contract is a very long time for a reliever.

I don't have a better solution other then the importance of continuing to develop our farm system so we have more lower salary players to cover when these long term deals go bad.

I love Diaz and I am glad we signed him. The five year contract is a very long time for a reliever.

I don't have a better solution other then the importance of continuing to develop our farm system so we have more lower salary players to cover when these long term deals go bad.

Long-term deals celebrated today will inevitably come back to bite a team in the rear end and get everyone disgruntled.

Diaz leaving would have been disastrous for the team. Not only from a baseball standpoint but from a fan's view. Timmy Trumpet was a joyful sound and need to lock that up.

I think us Mets fans are still suffering PTSD from the Wilpons. This contract in a few years (if Diaz regresses) will not preclude Cohen from spending and getting another reliever.
The Mets no longer have to choose between the bike or fire truck for Christmas. They can have both.

Read that Mets were considering a "Max Deal" offer for verlander--must believe Jake is gone.
Not sure what the status is with DeGrom. It sounds like the Rangers are the strongest competition. The Mets have been looking everywhere in case he leaves. Verlander, Rodon, a possible trade, Senga from Japan. We should know soon.

Back