Mets 2024 Season

According to The Athletic, the Mets are kicking the tires on Andrew Heaney, and the Braves are lurking on DeGrom.

According to The Athletic, the Mets are kicking the tires on Andrew Heaney, and the Braves are lurking on DeGrom.
I think Texas is the threat. The Braves have made a series of good moves to cost control their roster. $40M per for deGrom blows it up.

Texas on the other hand is starving for high end pitching.

Edit: of course, this is silly rumor season so take everything with a grain of salt. I’ve already seen Trae Turner, Justin Verlander, a Japanese guy coming to the Mets. Gonna be a lot of names thrown around with just a mere mention from someone/anyone with a laptop.

Ha - that's funny. I guess it depends who from The Athletic you read... Jim Bowden predicts the Braves will sign DeGrom, and Rosenthal says "highly unlikely." I hope Rosenthal is correct.

Ha - that's funny. I guess it depends who from The Athletic you read... Jim Bowden predicts the Braves will sign DeGrom, and Rosenthal says "highly unlikely." I hope Rosenthal is correct.

Bowden's list was mostly pure fantasy and rampant speculation without anything to back it up. He even implied as much in the beginning of the article.

Here's my bold prediction - which is worth exactly nothing... Mets re-sign Bassitt, sign Verlander and let DeGrom walk. Personally, I'd be OK with that outcome.

deGrom is going to get an incentive laden deal. I can't see someone giving him guaranteed 40M+/yr for a guy you hold your breath after every pitch. Not with the crazy tax structure in MLB. That 40 can easily be 60.

Mets will give him 100mil for 3 years with incentives to get to 45+/year

If not, He'll go to the dodgers just because everyone goes to the dodgers.

Gives them more flexibility in the trade market.

I don’t think he wanted to stay as he never gave the Mets a chance to make a final offer. Let’s see what Eppler can do but not confident.

The Mets won 101 games last year.
DeGrom started only 11 all year.
Would love to have him for sentimental reasons. But on paper, it's not as bad as it seems.
Spend this money wisely, perhaps on a centerfielder with a goofy grin.

I think Texas is the threat. The Braves have made a series of good moves to cost control their roster. $40M per for deGrom blows it up.

Texas on the other hand is starving for high end pitching.

Edit: of course, this is silly rumor season so take everything with a grain of salt. I’ve already seen Trae Turner, Justin Verlander, a Japanese guy coming to the Mets. Gonna be a lot of names thrown around with just a mere mention from someone/anyone with a laptop.
good call!

Remember this post when Ohtani comes to Queens. Could be a year, but he’s coming. If you don’t think Cohen has him on the brain, you haven’t been paying attention.

Back