Mets 2024 Season

Mets bull pen tonight was certainly "exciting". When each of the "O boys" and then Diek came in, I was yelling at the telly "OH NO"😱. Somehow we got through 4+ innings with blue smoke and mirrors for a win over the Braves. Orze had big improvement in his ERA, going down from infinity to 21,6 runs per game. ;) ;)

On one hand Senga could’ve helped. On the other hand they held together without him. Maybe they’ll find another arm or two. No one will be as good as Senga though. Next Met up.

New outfielder/left handed bat as Mets trade for Jessie Winker--at least now when he waves to Mets fans they will respond positively.

Petersen forearm tightness to add to Sega's calf. Can't spend a lot at the deadline. Just play it out.

I can't escape the feeling that the Senga injury was this incredibly bad omen that signaled a shift in this season

I can't escape the feeling that the Senga injury was this incredibly bad omen that signaled a shift in this season
First two weeks of August has the potential to make or break the season. Making up the STL Game in the middle of it really throws a wrench into it, but the schedule is soft.

@LAA (3)
@ STL (1)
@ COR (4)
@ SEA (3)

We then come home to play:
vs. A's (3)
vs. MIA (3)

Over those 17 games, we've got to bank more wins. Would love to somehow go 11-6

Every time we hear the Mets have a soft schedule it doesn't go well. Lets just play it out.

I liked what I saw from Thomas as a prospect. I think he’ll be a solid pro for years, but you have to part with guys like that to get players like Stanek.

Winker was a very solid addition.

Snell would be huge if the asking price isn’t crazy.

Just a feeling, but I’m very confident he’s back for the playoffs.

I don’t know what he was doing in the game in the 6th inning. I would have taken him out after 4 just from an abundance of caution. I know his pitch count wasn’t high, but the first 2-3 games of the season is where players are most vulnerable — and he only had 3 very short rehab starts where he never made it out of the 4th inning.

I just don’t get modern baseball, up 2-0, 8th inning opens with an Alonso error, fly out and then a walk on 3-2 after throwing strikes with a fastball but throwing a breaking ball not close 3 times, throwing it again on 3-2, and not close.

Back