Homeland And All Things Maher

Just got back from the food and wine festival down in Disney. I would recommend the lobster roll in the American pavilion. Reasonably priced. Good tasting lobster which wasn't overly seasoned (mayo based). They did put butter on the side which I thought was odd with the mayo but to each their own. Overall the food was a bit disappointing from prior years. I do miss my spicy kimchi hot dog from the Outpost. 

Jack Williams post=438112 said:
Binged two highly publicized and recommend shows the past week: Ted Lasso and Mare of Easttown 

both deserve the hype they’ve been getting. Ted Lasso is a goddamn treasure. Even the most cynical person in the world has to be broken down by how genuinely sweet that show is. 
Our Apple TV subscription ended. Once the season is over we will buy a month to binge season 2. We are down in Richmond at least once a month so we some local nostalgia added in.

I seriously dont think there has been 1 episode of Ted Lasso that when it ended we weren't smiling. Just freaking love this show

Jack Williams post=438112 said:
Binged two highly publicized and recommend shows the past week: Ted Lasso and Mare of Easttown 

both deserve the hype they’ve been getting. Ted Lasso is a goddamn treasure. Even the most cynical person in the world has to be broken down by how genuinely sweet that show is. 

Mare of Easttown was great too. Thought the first 4 episodes or so were damn near perfect television. The last couple episodes got a bit tedious with the writers going “let’s just stuff as many plot twists in here as possible”. It can become desensitizing when there’s one twist after another, but it was still a great watch. Kate Winslet was outstanding. I live right outside Delco and have been around it my whole life so I have to say the accents and little nods to restaurants in the area were spot on and I appreciated that part of it 

i also watched Succession about a month ago. I think it’s the best show on TV. Season 3 can’t get here soon enough 
Like True Detective its even better the second time

Clickbait is pretty good. Kid from Entourage is in it. Only through 2 episodes so maybe it shits the bed in the end. Crime drama/who dunit series

I wasn't sure where to post this but almost nine years ago when I joined the board I was going through a very rough time. The rough time has returned for me but I am going to try and use the board to help me the way I did in the past. I am hoping to positively engage when I can and keep reading all of the great posts. Wish me well.

Last edited:
Andrew post=438744 said:
I wasn't sure where to post this but almost nine years ago when I joined the board I was going through a very rough time. The rough time has returned for me but I am going to try and use the board to help me the way I did in the past. I am hoping to positively engage when I can and keep reading all of the great posts. Wish me well.
Best of luck Andrew

Andrew post=438744 said:
Dear Andrew, 

Best of luck with whatever ails you. 
You have been a great addition to the board and your positive contributions have been appreciated by all. 
We are a caring family and hopefully we will continue to be there for you. 
G d bless you Andrew. 

We've all been there in one way or another Andrew. You are clearly a good guy and a great redmen.comer so God bless and Godspeed!

Andrew post=438744 said:

Andrew, reaching out to your friends here is a great idea. Challenging times will pass and brighter, happier days are ahead. Hang in there, brother. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing...

Andrew post=438744 said:
Some of my darkest days were brightened by the community on redmen.com. I hope it does the same for you. Best of luck Andrew and God bless. 

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less……………
John Donne

Hand in there Andrew.

is the less……………
John Donne

Hand in there Andrew.

is the less……………
John Donne

Hand in there Andrew.

Most of you guys have met Nathalie I think I’ve mentioned here that she worked at Windows on the World worked 9/10 and was suppposed to work 9/11 and obviously lost a lot of her friends that day. Anyway Univision has been doing a segment on her and windows on the world that will air Sunday. Here if you have Facebook you can see it ahead of time. She did it in Spanish and English but looks like Univision is going with the Spanish version with subtitles. My backyard featured in the interview :).     https://fb.watch/7WieV1fVa0/

mjmaherjr post=438917 said:
Most of you guys have met Nathalie I think I’ve mentioned here that she worked at Windows on the World worked 9/10 and was suppposed to work 9/11 and obviously lost a lot of her friends that day. Anyway Univision has been doing a segment on her and windows on the world that will air Sunday. Here if you have Facebook you can see it ahead of time. She did it in Spanish and English but looks like Univision is going with the Spanish version with subtitles. My backyard featured in the interview :).     https://fb.watch/7WieV1fVa0/
Thank you so much for posting this.  It was very well done. I spent my career at Compaq and HP, and I was supposed to be at the restaurant the morning of the attacks for a breakfast Finance Industry Customer event.  The afternoon before I cancelled out of the meeting to attend another meeting near Penn Plaza on the morning of September 11th. I know many others have similar stories.  Unfortunately our firm lost four (4) employees attending that breakfast that morning, as well as another on the plane out of Boston.

Back