Homeland And All Things Maher

Wolfie

2022 $upporter 2023 $upporter
[quote="L J S A" post=282740][quote="Windy City Johnny Fan" post=282739]FWIW:

Someone to Zach B on twitter a few minutes ago (paraphrasing): "Has the ship sailed on Rice"?

Zach B: "Not necessarily."[/quote]

SOGOTP [/quote]

Following this ‘Grad Big and New AC saga is almost as head-spinning as watching Homeland!

Last edited:
[quote="Chicago Days" post=282743][quote="L J S A" post=282740][quote="Windy City Johnny Fan" post=282739]FWIW:

Someone to Zach B on twitter a few minutes ago (paraphrasing): "Has the ship sailed on Rice"?

SOGOTP [/quote]

Following this ‘Grad Big and New AC saga is almost as head-spinning as watching Homeland![/quote]
Hoping your analogy follows through: Homeland's season ends this coming Sunday, so maybe ...

[quote="redken" post=282745][quote="Chicago Days" post=282743][quote="L J S A" post=282740][quote="Windy City Johnny Fan" post=282739]FWIW:

SOGOTP [/quote]

Following this ‘Grad Big and New AC saga is almost as head-spinning as watching Homeland![/quote]
Hoping your analogy follows through: Homeland's season ends this coming Sunday, so maybe ...[/quote] Homeland best show on tv

[quote="redken" post=282745][quote="Chicago Days" post=282743][quote="L J S A" post=282740][quote="Windy City Johnny Fan" post=282739]FWIW:

SOGOTP [/quote]

Hoping your analogy follows through: Homeland's season ends this coming Sunday, so maybe ...[/quote]

Funny! Yes and very appropriate!

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=282746][quote="redken" post=282745][quote="Chicago Days" post=282743][quote="L J S A" post=282740][quote="Windy City Johnny Fan" post=282739]FWIW:

SOGOTP [/quote]

Hoping your analogy follows through: Homeland's season ends this coming Sunday, so maybe ...[/quote] Homeland best show on tv[/quote]

Sure is, Mike . My head spins every episode..similar to following the Johnnies saga!

[quote="Chicago Days" post=282748][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282746][quote="redken" post=282745][quote="Chicago Days" post=282743][quote="L J S A" post=282740][quote="Windy City Johnny Fan" post=282739]FWIW:

SOGOTP [/quote]

Hoping your analogy follows through: Homeland's season ends this coming Sunday, so maybe ...[/quote] Homeland best show on tv[/quote]

Sure is, Mike . My head spins every episode..similar to following the Johnnies saga![/quote] this past week was fantastic. btw if you haven't seen the americans on watch it or see berlin station on starz plus counterpart

and the guy that played dante allen on homeland on suits episode right now

[quote="fordham96" post=282673][quote="gman" post=282667][quote="fordham96" post=282651][quote="gman" post=282646][quote="L J S A" post=282641][quote="Boo Harvey" post=282625][quote="Paultzman" post=282622]TheRealMarcusHatten
@MoeHatten
I want to be that pipeline for Baltimore players to St. John’s connection #SJUBB
10:54 AM · Apr 25, 2018[/quote]

No thanks. I suspected he had an agenda with all of his recent supportive tweets. He was a great Johnny, but we need a proven assistant with some coaching and recruiting chops.[/quote]

Define "recent," because he's been campaigning for a job for years. I would love to see some former guys with coaching experience return, so hopefully he -- along with my other favorites -- gets a gig somewhere else for a few years.[/quote]

Would love to see a former player as a DOBO. Nolan Smith holds a DOBO spot for Duke and Sean May does the same for UNC.

An easy staff fix would be dump Mitch, bump Matic to an asst spot (which he held at South Alabama) and bring in a former player at DOBO.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind seeing a former SJU Player in an administrative role either, part of Mullin's success hopefully will be to build a coaching tree. But you need to be successful first then you can have former players as Assistant's, see Jim Boeheim and Mike K.

However Matic taking Mitch's spot is probably not much of an immediate upgrade on the recruiting trail at this point. They need to think a little bigger in the near future.[/quote]

It’s not the best solution but easy and gets another recruiter on the road.[/quote]

I'm a little confused about what people mean by "gets another recruiter on the road." Mitch is a full time assistant, is there an NCAA rule that prevents him from being on the road???

I understand the criticism of the staff but be clear here SJU is not being handicapped, they have 3 assistants who are eligible to recruit.[/quote] you know the answer to this like most of us do. you of all people weren't confused :)

Last edited:
[quote="mjmaherjr" post=282750][quote="Chicago Days" post=282748][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282746][quote="redken" post=282745][quote="Chicago Days" post=282743][quote="L J S A" post=282740][quote="Windy City Johnny Fan" post=282739]FWIW:

SOGOTP [/quote]

Sure is, Mike . My head spins every episode..similar to following the Johnnies saga![/quote] this past week was fantastic. btw if you haven't seen the americans on watch it or see berlin station on starz plus counterpart[/quote]

Hey thanks Mike! Don’t watch that much ‘current’ tv. Good dramas though?!?

[quote="Chicago Days" post=282753][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282750][quote="Chicago Days" post=282748][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282746][quote="redken" post=282745][quote="Chicago Days" post=282743][quote="L J S A" post=282740][quote="Windy City Johnny Fan" post=282739]FWIW:

SOGOTP [/quote]

Sure is, Mike . My head spins every episode..similar to following the Johnnies saga![/quote] this past week was fantastic. btw if you haven't seen the americans on watch it or see berlin station on starz plus counterpart[/quote]

Hey thanks Mike! Don’t watch that much ‘current’ tv. Good dramas though?!?[/quote] like a d'lo 3 point shot

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=282751]and the guy that played dante allen on homeland on suits episode right now[/quote]

Good show?

[quote="Chicago Days" post=282755][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282751]and the guy that played dante allen on homeland on suits episode right now[/quote]

Good show?[/quote]the only reason I started watching suits this year is because that meaghan markle girl is marring prince dunce head in england. It's not a bad show I have to say but homeland,berlin station and the americans blow it away but it's not bad

Last edited:
[quote="mjmaherjr" post=282756][quote="Chicago Days" post=282755][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282751]and the guy that played dante allen on homeland on suits episode right now[/quote]

Good show?[/quote]the only reason I started watching suits this year is because that meaghan marble girl is marring prince dunce head in england. It's not a bad show I have to say but homeland,belin station and the americans blow it away but it's not bad[/quote]

What is Belin Station? I'm enjoying the Alienist on Netflix. Sneaky Pete on Amazon was also entertaining (and Cranston is great in it).

[quote="gman" post=282772][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282756][quote="Chicago Days" post=282755][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282751]and the guy that played dante allen on homeland on suits episode right now[/quote]

Good show?[/quote]the only reason I started watching suits this year is because that meaghan marble girl is marring prince dunce head in england. It's not a bad show I have to say but homeland,belin station and the americans blow it away but it's not bad[/quote]

What is Belin Station? I'm enjoying the Alienist on Netflix. Sneaky Pete on Amazon was also entertaining (and Cranston is great in it).[/quote] Berlin Station. Bunch of spelling errors at night when I type watching tv with the lights off :) Great show about a CIA Station in Germany. 2 seasons so far

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=282756][quote="Chicago Days" post=282755][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282751]and the guy that played dante allen on homeland on suits episode right now[/quote]

Good show?[/quote]the only reason I started watching suits this year is because that meaghan markle girl is marring prince dunce head in england. It's not a bad show I have to say but homeland,berlin station and the americans blow it away but it's not bad[/quote]

That’s funny. Didn’t know ‘that’ was her. Great taste! I found the 1st season of the Americans on Amazon, saw 2 episodes, and am hooked. Hate those Russian spies!
And noticed Sneaky Pete. I’ll watch that too. Thanks Mike!

Gentlemen,

Please, back on track to the Staff Change.
Thank you or discuss in another forum.

[quote="redmannorth" post=282780]Gentlemen,

Please, back on track to the Staff Change.
Thank you or discuss in another forum.[/quote]

Oops. You’re right redmannorth. Sorry man.

Maybe we should start a new forum:" All Things Maher", and then MJM can indulge his flights of fancy concerning restaurants, TV shows, IPA, Lobster Rolls, travel, etc.:) ;)

Back