Homeland And All Things Maher

[quote="richard A Steinfeld" post=282888][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282875][quote="RedStormRising2" post=282872]For my money:

On Netflix : The Fall, Godless, Narcos
HBO: Westworld
Showtime: Billions, Homeland, I'm dying up here
Stars: Black Sails
And if you are looking for stand up special recommendations - man I got'em![/quote] I have to give Westworld another chance. Haven't seen black sails[/quote] Don’t forget GOT and Ray Donavon. Weird episode 1 for west world. Black sails is good . Looking forward to seeing Berlin, sounds good.[/quote] Definitely GOT. That will go back to my favorite show once it starts airing again. End of the summer I'll rewatch again from first season till end. I've seen every episode a legit 4 times at last and I still pick up new things rewatching episodes

the Americans - first 2 seasons were great, then years 3 & 4 were o k. this 5th season is very good.
has there ever been a more ruthless tv female than the Americans' Elizabeth?

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=282886]And since an All Things Maher Thread means nothing is off topic I'll cover 2 previously mentioned categories. Travel and Beer. 2 weeks ago the food in Mexico was freaking awesome but the beer kind of sucked. This one though I liked a lot. [attachment=122]IMG_3552.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

Wake me up when you start talking about Single Malts and Bourbon.:)

[quote="Section9" post=282908][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282886]And since an All Things Maher Thread means nothing is off topic I'll cover 2 previously mentioned categories. Travel and Beer. 2 weeks ago the food in Mexico was freaking awesome but the beer kind of sucked. This one though I liked a lot. [attachment=122]IMG_3552.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

Wake me up when you start talking about Single Malts and Bourbon.:)[/quote] you will probably see that from gman before me. I don’t drink hard liquor except pisco sours which is a Peruvian drink kind of similar concept as whiskey sours

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=282909][quote="Section9" post=282908][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282886]And since an All Things Maher Thread means nothing is off topic I'll cover 2 previously mentioned categories. Travel and Beer. 2 weeks ago the food in Mexico was freaking awesome but the beer kind of sucked. This one though I liked a lot. [attachment=122]IMG_3552.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

Wake me up when you start talking about Single Malts and Bourbon.:)[/quote] you will probably see that from gman before me. I don’t drink hard liquor except pisco sours which is a Peruvian drink kind of similar concept as whiskey sours[/quote]

I'm jumping off the all things Maher bandwagon and joining the all things gman bandwagon.

[quote="Chicago Days" post=282748][quote="mjmaherjr" post=282746][quote="redken" post=282745][quote="Chicago Days" post=282743][quote="L J S A" post=282740][quote="Windy City Johnny Fan" post=282739]FWIW:

Someone to Zach B on twitter a few minutes ago (paraphrasing): "Has the ship sailed on Rice"?

Zach B: "Not necessarily."[/quote]

SOGOTP [/quote]

Following this ‘Grad Big and New AC saga is almost as head-spinning as watching Homeland![/quote]
Hoping your analogy follows through: Homeland's season ends this coming Sunday, so maybe ...[/quote] Homeland best show on tv[/quote]

Sure is, Mike . My head spins every episode..similar to following the Johnnies saga![/quote]

Agree. Can't wait to watch it and don't want it to end each week. Claire Danes is an outstanding actress. Wow!

[quote="section10" post=282894]the Americans - first 2 seasons were great, then years 3 & 4 were o k. this 5th season is very good.
has there ever been a more ruthless tv female than the Americans' Elizabeth?[/quote]

She'll get hers, can't wait to see how they get caught. Billions and Ray Donovan (a Met fan) are also worth watching.

[quote="JackofVirginia" post=282939][quote="section10" post=282894]the Americans - first 2 seasons were great, then years 3 & 4 were o k. this 5th season is very good.
has there ever been a more ruthless tv female than the Americans' Elizabeth?[/quote]

She'll get hers, can't wait to see how they get caught. Billions and Ray Donovan (a Met fan) are also worth watching.[/quote]

Ray Donovan was a great show but alas Ray jumped off the ledge. He must have also been a St. John's fan.;)

[quote="section10" post=282894]the Americans - first 2 seasons were great, then years 3 & 4 were o k. this 5th season is very good.

Can’t stand the babe. Very hot but very loathsome! Not sure if I can take much more of these Ruskie spies killing people—some innocent! And making us look like idiots!

[quote="Knight" post=282963]Best Spy shows- MI-5 & Alias[/quote]
the prisoner..........the avengers

[quote="Knight" post=282963]Best Spy shows- MI-5 & Alias[/quote]

Forgot to include Hulu's "The Looming Tower", about the events leading up to September 11, 2001.

Wow. The first 20 minutes riveting then it slowed down and then shocked toward the end. Wonder when next season starts

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=283327]Best episode of Billions EVER !!!![/quote]
Better than Taylor’s topless scene last week? :silly:

I spent the weekend in Italy scouting for the team. Unfortunately I didn't see anyone over 6 feet tall but at least I got to sample a ton of pasta, pizza and wine.

[quote="gman" post=283333]I spent the weekend in Italy scouting for the team. Unfortunately I didn't see anyone over 6 feet tall but at least I got to sample a ton of pasta, pizza and wine.[/quote] what did you think of Venice ?

[quote="gman" post=283333]I spent the weekend in Italy scouting for the team. Unfortunately I didn't see anyone over 6 feet tall but at least I got to sample a ton of pasta, pizza and wine.[/quote]

You must have not been in northern Italy where they have tall Germanic blood lines.

Back