Butler, Tue., Jan. 2, 8:30p, FS-1

Until we demonstrate that we can play well consistently, which hopefully will be soon, every game worries me. Who are we to take any BE team for granted.
I don't take anything for granted, but we are favored, better in KenPom by a good margin, Butler hasn't played a true road game against a better team (IIRC), and honestly I have changed my tune enough on Jenkins ability to not TO the ball vs Posh.

I don't take anything for granted, but we are favored, better in KenPom by a good margin, Butler hasn't played a true road game against a better team (IIRC), and honestly I have changed my tune enough on Jenkins ability to not TO the ball vs Posh.
They all but had the game won at Providence. Wound up losing in OT.

You can’t have it both ways and be a Johnny fan in this one. Posh went with the money, remember that.
You assume he went for the money and that is your perogative. None of us truly knows what was in Posh’s mind and his reasons for leaving.
All I do know is that he was a fan favourite when he was hear for three seasons, contrary to many other players who were criticised regularly, but more importantly I would hate to be publicly judged for decisions I made at 21 years old.
I am sure most of us would have made very different decisions with the benefit of hindsight.
Beat Butler.

You assume he went for the money and that is your perogative. None of us truly knows what was in Posh’s mind and his reasons for leaving.
All I do know is that he was a fan favourite when he was hear for three seasons, contrary to many other players who were criticised regularly, but more importantly I would hate to be publicly judged for decisions I made at 21 years old.
I am sure most of us would have made very different decisions with the benefit of hindsight.
Beat Butler.

The money is only one (large) part of it. And it’s not an “assumption” Posh fared better financially at Butler than he would have here, and I don’t fault him for that. He’s not an NBA player and a marginal Euro player as well so he wanted to make as much as he can now. Money aside, even with Jenkins coming over, Posh would have been given a fair shot to earn playing time, the problem is he wanted a guarantee, or in todays terminology, “he didn’t feel loved”.

As I stated above, I don’t wish him ill will at all, except when he plays St. John’s. And the reason why I would rather see him have a horrible game then a good one is cause I don’t want him to have any confidence against the Johnnies as we will have to play his team at least one more time. Isn’t being a fan of St. John’s wanting the best for your team?

If I were at the game, when he was announced, I would applaud as well but that’s as far as I’d go. I would then be rooting for him to take a bad shot or turn the ball over as he did many times while playing for the Johnnys.

Last edited:
Back