Butler, Tue., Jan. 2, 8:30p, FS-1

And that's why we need to avoid being the 3, 6 or 11 seeds in the tournament. Wednesday at 9 PM is #6 vs. #11 and that winner plays #3 in the 9:30 game on Thursday, then 9:30 on Friday. Ideally it's #4, #5, #7 or #10 but obviously the latter two would be disappointments.

I know, I know #3 would be huge for us, but I'm old.

If we are the 11 seed this year I will be watching from home.

We all enjoyed Posh while he was here . He’s gone to a BE opponent .

We play Butier on Tuesday . Instead of worrying what Posh will due to us , think about whether he can guard our bigger, quicker guards who can score .
Posh had trouble staying with bigger , quicker players when he was here .

That doesn’t diminish his play here for St John ‘s for 3 years ..

It’s like a Player who goes from one team to another ..Hey the Mets traded Tom Seaver .
It’s part of College BB today with the Portal.

Free Agency is now part and part of the College game . The players understand it . The Schools understand it .

We as fans need to understand it too . We root for St John’s , not the opponent .
I enjoyed Posh’s freshman year. After that it was all downhill. You cant win with a pg who cant shoot. I will love watching pitino expose what a liability posh is. You dont even have to guard him past the free throw line.

There is a reason Pitino wanted no part of posh as our pg.

I enjoyed Posh’s freshman year. After that it was all downhill. You cant win with a pg who cant shoot. I will love watching pitino expose what a liability posh is. You dont even have to guard him past the free throw line.

There is a reason Pitino wanted no part of posh as our pg.
And the first Redmen poster to break their New Year’s resolution is Mullins Revenge who”s resolution was to not talk knock Posh :)

I think most fans are supportive of Posh. I am. I want to see him do well at Butler, etc.

I do not want him to do well against us. I want his return to be miserable. Hopefully he is shut down and is a non-factor against us.

The preposterous idea that anyone on this forum HAS or SHOULD support Posh, especially in a game against St. John's, is foolish.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year.

God bless,

PIB
Of course no one who is an SJU fan will root for Butler but I will be in the arena and will cheer loudly for Posh during the player introductions. For me he was a personal favorite because he always left it all out on the floor.

I want us to win badly and getting off to a fast start in conference play is very important. That said, whether Posh plays well or badly is irrelevant to me, if in the end we win. Personally, I would rather that Posh have the game of his life and we win in triple overtime than have him play awfully in a Butler win.

And the first Redmen poster to break their New Year’s resolution is Mullins Revenge who”s resolution was to not talk knock Posh :)
And when are you going to break yours to complain about the heat at CA? You seem to have a lot of enablers, Paultzman being the latest to jump on the bandwagon, to amp you up. I'm going with about 8:47 tomorrow nite but that could change depending on your arrival time and how cranky you are. ;)

And when are you going to break yours to complain about the heat at CA? You seem to have a lot of enablers, Paultzman being the latest to jump on the bandwagon, to amp you up. I'm going with about 8:47 tomorrow nite but that could change depending on your arrival time and how cranky you are. ;)
The great thing is I’ve realized I can hold my pledge not to complain because everyone else commenting on the heat is therapeutic for me. Misery loves company :)

Is speaking the truth knocking someone?

Anyways, big game tom night. Looking forward to getting a solid W on our resume.

Back