Butler, Tue., Jan. 2, 8:30p, FS-1

Se

Tough guy, eh? No ‘sentimental crap,’ like being even slightly grateful to a kid who gave us his heart and soul for three years. What a small man you are….
Lol. He's not at ST. John's now. I like the kid, but not during the 40 minutes he's playing us, and you think I care what you say right? Well if it makes you feel import to think that, then keep on thinking that.

Tough guy bwahahaha.

Not going back and forth with you.

Lol. He's not at ST. John's now. I like the kid, but not during the 40 minutes he's playing us, and you think I care what you say right? Well if it makes you feel import to think that, then keep on thinking that.

Tough guy bwahahaha.

Not going back and forth with you.
Agreed SJUWillrockNYC, I don’t hold any ill will towards any of our former players. But, when they’re playing against us I want to crush them the same way I would any other opponent.

Posh was part of a losing culture and era during his 3 years here. When a coaching change was made, instead of choosing to stay and be part of a new era under a HOF coach, he chose to leave via free agency. That's fine, it's his choice.

It's also someone's choice as to whether or not they have a sentimental attachment to Posh. To each his own. Me, I barely have a sentimental attachment to my kids, so that tells you where I stand on Posh.

Last edited:
Clearly they don't take the fanbase demographic in to account when scheduling our games
First game is DePaul at Connecticut. We get the prime time slot. I’ll take it.

Actually we are the middle game of a triple header with the Big East being the first two games.

I remember back when we were nationally relevant we would be the second game of a double header at MSG at 9 or 9:30.

First game is DePaul at Connecticut. We get the prime time slot. I’ll take it.

I remember back when we were nationally relevant we would be the second game of a double header at MSG at 9 or 9:30.
When we were last nationally relevant, I was a lot younger. So an 8:30, or 9:00 or 9:30 start time didn't much matter to me. Now I'm in bed at that time.

We all enjoyed Posh while he was here . He’s gone to a BE opponent .

We play Butier on Tuesday . Instead of worrying what Posh will due to us , think about whether he can guard our bigger, quicker guards who can score .
Posh had trouble staying with bigger , quicker players when he was here .

That doesn’t diminish his play here for St John ‘s for 3 years ..

It’s like a Player who goes from one team to another ..Hey the Mets traded Tom Seaver .
It’s part of College BB today with the Portal.

Free Agency is now part and part of the College game . The players understand it . The Schools understand it .

We as fans need to understand it too . We root for St John’s , not the opponent .

Se

Tough guy, eh? No ‘sentimental crap,’ like being even slightly grateful to a kid who gave us his heart and soul for three years. What a small man you are….

Oh please, leave the sentiment for those who deserve it. Posh is a professional ball player. He went to the highest offer and walked away from the challenge here. I wish him no ill will but hope he has a lousy game if it will enhance the chance of a Johnny win.

I feel the same towards him as I would for any player on any team I root for, no more no less. When they are on my team I’ll root for their success. When they play for another team I could care less. It’s a money game and it’s time everyone wakes up and realized it.

I think most fans are supportive of Posh. I am. I want to see him do well at Butler, etc.

I do not want him to do well against us. I want his return to be miserable. Hopefully he is shut down and is a non-factor against us.

The preposterous idea that anyone on this forum HAS or SHOULD support Posh, especially in a game against St. John's, is foolish.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year.

God bless,

PIB

Wait until Mike finds out that if the first game runs late, then we will tip at 845.
And that's why we need to avoid being the 3, 6 or 11 seeds in the tournament. Wednesday at 9 PM is #6 vs. #11 and that winner plays #3 in the 9:30 game on Thursday, then 9:30 on Friday. Ideally it's #4, #5, #7 or #10 but obviously the latter two would be disappointments.

I know, I know #3 would be huge for us, but I'm old.

Back