Butler, Tue., Jan. 2, 8:30p, FS-1

Wow I was thinking more like 4-5 points (even with Ledlum). Would be great to win this, we almost never have a winning Big East record in January. Last time was Mullin's final coaching season (2-1- got us into the AP rankings), and that only lasted one game.

Of course no one who is an SJU fan will root for Butler but I will be in the arena and will cheer loudly for Posh during the player introductions. For me he was a personal favorite because he always left it all out on the floor.

I want us to win badly and getting off to a fast start in conference play is very important. That said, whether Posh plays well or badly is irrelevant to me, if in the end we win. Personally, I would rather that Posh have the game of his life and we win in triple overtime than have him play awfully in a Butler win.

I will root for Posh to score ZERO points have 20 turnovers and we win by 20 plus with no overtime. Isn’t that what an actual fan of St. John’s would want want??

You can’t have it both ways and be a Johnny fan in this one. Posh went with the money, remember that.

Back