Bubble Watch

Me and Mug got roasted on here, but last night was truly a horrible day for shrinking the bubble.
when I went to bed last night I thought Virginia was gonna lose and then New Mexico and Colorado would lose later. Nope they all win. smh

All these teams are on the bubble and most can still help themselves

This whole NET, while an important factor, could result in Indiana State getting in ahead of us or get a more favorable bracket; that makes no sense to me.

This whole NET, while an important factor, could result in Indiana State getting in ahead of us or get a more favorable bracket; that makes no sense to me.
I agree with that, but also think our resume is being propped up by the NET. The only tournament team we've beaten is Creighton. Some wins against okay-to-good teams, some losses to okay-to-good teams, and blow outs against bad teams.

I agree with that, but also think our resume is being propped up by the NET. The only tournament team we've beaten is Creighton. Some wins against okay-to-good teams, some losses to okay-to-good teams, and blow outs against bad teams.
Could even lose today and see net move up to top 30 and be very hard to keep out (that would also help seton hall). So much can happen still

Something to note/ root for: Most bracketologists in their predictions give the #1 seed in the conference the "automatic bid" for the time being.

Meaning, in most brackets you look at, South Florida is IN due to being the 1 seed in the AAC. So, if they lose and FAU wins the AAC tournament, effectively another spot on the bubble opens up.

Need to be big FAU fans

This is also why the Dayton loss did not change much in terms of the bubble outlook. Bracketologists were giving Richmond that automatic bid anyway. Once Richmond lost, theoretically a spot on the bubble could have been opened up with Dayton winning the A10 tourney, but they couldn't come through

I think its improbable we're in Dayton, but I think it requires a few of these things happening -- none of which are difficult to imagine:
-- We lose by 15+ points
-- A&M or Mississippi State winning the SEC tournament
-- UVA or Pitt wins AAC tournament
-- New Mexico wins MWC Tournament
-- Colorado wins Pac-12 tournament
-- FAU loses in the AAC tournament = bid stolen (already accounted for in current brackets in South Florida is the AAC AQ due to best regular season record)
-- Providence beats Marquette, either wins BET or plays UCONN close
So to simplify for myself:
• SEC = Root for any of Auburn/Alabama/Kentucky
• ACC = Root for UNC (simple)
• MWC = Root for Utah St./SD St.
• Pac 12 = Root for Arizona (simple)
• AAC = Root for FAU (simple)
• Root for Marquette
• F*** it all! SJU wins the Big East Tournament!

I think I got now.

The ACC was horrible this year.
Here We Go Again GIF

when Carmine looks at this thread

Even my buddy who played for PItt thinks the ACC is trash and a 4 bid league. Clemson is in the conversation there, could knock out either Pitt or Virginia. Agree that Virginia does not belong in. Really Pitt doesn't either but I can't see them taking only 3 from the ACC: more likely they take 5.
Admittedly forgot about Clemson. Yes ACC was horrible this year and all but certain commentators seemed to realize it.

Having been able to watch some of these games going on the last few days. I think it's clear the Big 12, Big East, and MWC are the the best basketball conferences this year. I haven't seen that much of the SEC so I can't argue about that, but MWC has really impressed me. They have high major athletes and players.

Back