Bubble Watch

Michigan State - down by 7 at the half to Purdue. Let’s hope Purdue finishes that one off

East Carolina just started their game against USF. Rooting for an ECU win so that FAU has an easier path to winning their conf tournament.

Mississippi St just tipped off against Tennessee. A loss here and I trust that the committee would rather send a team that went 8-10 in SEC play to Dayton rather than a team like us. Maybe wishful thinking. But I’d very much like a Tennessee win here

Michigan St and Mississippi St games are huge for us- both probably within a spot or two of our current position and we need them to lose to have a better shot at a Bye.
Of course Tennessee looks like they didn't show up so far. 15-4 Miss St

Haven't watched much Tennessee this year. I know Knecht is good, but wow they look so bad so far in this one. Wouldn't mind being placed in whatever region they are in

Michigan St and Mississippi St games are huge for us- both probably within a spot or two of our current position and we need them to lose to have a better shot at a Bye.
Yup. I think we need Miss St to lose to not worry about them & a blowout in Purdue/Mich St to knock them down a peg

Haven't watched much Tennessee this year. I know Knecht is good, but wow they look so bad so far in this one. Wouldn't mind being placed in whatever region they are in
Nah Tennessee is legit. A lot of size, shooting. Barnes is due for a run but I guess you could've said that for 30 years. lol

Jack, most projections have us in as a 10 seed, not even in the last 4. I don't think we have any real issues at this point. Providence or the Hall should be behind us (unless Providence wins today maybe).

Jack, most projections have us in as a 10 seed, not even in the last 4. I don't think we have any real issues at this point. Providence or the Hall should be behind us (unless Providence wins today maybe).
That can change fast, unfortunately.

Plenty of bid stealers still alive and then we have teams near us on the bubble like (Miss St) who beating the crap out of a top 5 team

everyone's "legit" until we need them to step up and beat a bubble team I guess lol. Right now, they look from Villanova from last night. Just chucking away
Last night was the most infuriating bubble watching experience I've had. Did not think i'd be so flustered with Dayton not passing the ball to Holmes every single possession.

This might be the worst I have ever seen a top 5 team get dominated by an unranked opponent in a half of basketball. This is an ass beating in every facet of the game.

Tennessee just keeps chucking away as they get physically dominated. 2-18 from three right now.

Of course, Michigan State is going to not only not be blown out but potentially win against Purdue. Either way, they're solidly ahead of us.

Was it Xavier who a couple of years ago, tried to schedule an extra game after losing in the BE Tournament to attempt to force another “good win” onto their schedule? Or did I dream that?

Mississippi State/Tennessee is going about as worst case scenario as it could go for us. Need Tennessee to wake up in these last six minutes.

Don’t get fooled by these types of games; Tennessee is good, didn’t show up today, difference between a 1 and 2 seed not enough incentive,

Don’t get fooled by these types of games; Tennessee is good, didn’t show up today, difference between a 1 and 2 seed not enough incentive,
Ever since that McNamara Syracuse team won the BE with those excruciating games and then lost in the 1st round to Vermont, I think some of these teams that are clearly in just want to be rested for the NCAAs. We haven’t been in that position in decades and the BET is in our house, so I don’t believe we’ll ever relax for this tournament.

Back