Bubble Watch

Was it Xavier who a couple of years ago, tried to schedule an extra game after losing in the BE Tournament to attempt to force another “good win” onto their schedule? Or did I dream that?
That was during the Covid stretch where teams were rescheduling on the fly to make up for cancellations. Of course X couldn’t pull that off. I remember that year Marquette was able to get a game at UNC and all we could muster up was powerhouse Utah Valley State.

Yeah I tend to root against them in hoops but SEC is definitely up there. UK/Tenn/Auburn/South Car/Florida all legit

ACC is hot garbage this year. Big10 usually gets over valued & once again appears to be the case. That should potentially be a 5 bid league. No clue why Michigan St is projected in by most.

Spartans were the 8th seed in big 10. 19-13 overall. Wins against Baylor/Illinois/NW but picked on the bottom feeders with 8 of 10 conference wins against Rutgers/PennSt/Rutgers/Iowa/Mich/OhioSt

High NET helps them but not impressed with them at all

14 losses now for Mich St. I will die on this hill that they should be on the cut line

I’ve been puttin ML bets last few days on all the bubble teams we need to lose, to win. It’s helped off set our Johnny displeasure a bit. Miss St. just fattened my pockets.

Fwiw both New Mexico and Colorado are favorites tonight.

Don’t get fooled by these types of games; Tennessee is good, didn’t show up today, difference between a 1 and 2 seed not enough incentive,
There should be incentive.

That 4th #1 would avoid the "big three" of UCONN, Houston, and Purdue, until the Final Four. As a two seed, there's a possibility that they could wind up in the same region with one of them.

I’ve been puttin ML bets last few days on all the bubble teams we need to lose, to win. It’s helped off set our Johnny displeasure a bit. Miss St. just fattened my pockets.

Fwiw both New Mexico and Colorado are favorites tonight.
Maybe this will reverse jinx, but I have a feeling both of those teams are winning their tournaments. Colorado is now healthy and good.

The three times ive seen Colorado ive came away wondering how theyve had such an up and down season.
Have been dealing with injuries throughout the year but when they are fully healthy they are legit. Potential P12 POY at PG, a lottery pick on the wing, an athletic all-conference stretch 4 and Lampkin who almost singlehandedly carried TCU to the sweet 16 a couple years ago.

If we do end up in Dayton, that's the only team I really wouldn't want to be matched up with

There should be incentive.

That 4th #1 would avoid the "big three" of UCONN, Houston, and Purdue, until the Final Four. As a two seed, there's a possibility that they could wind up in the same region with one of them.
I didn’t say there shouldn’t be, my point is that there isn’t always, which makes the poster I responded to projecting today’s loss as an indicator of Tennessees performance shaky ground from my perspective. Just an observation from afar.

Don’t get fooled by these types of games; Tennessee is good, didn’t show up today, difference between a 1 and 2 seed not enough incentive,
Started to feel similarly as I watched more of the game. Tennessee just got out hustled and out muscled the whole game. They were going to need to dig deep to come back and it was clear they just weren't interested. Here’s hoping we bring a similar Miss St energy to the uconn game

This is the reality.

If nothing goes wrong we avoid Dayton.

If little goes wrong we're 50/50 to Dayton.

If an average number of things goes wrong we're likely in Dayton with a small chance of missing completely.

If lots go wrong we're 50/50 or worse on even making it.

If everything goes wrong then the portal thread is the most important thing come Monday.

Literally every bad thing that can happen to us on the bubble is happening. Colorado won. Miss State won. UVA won Pitt winning. Texas A&M winning. Ohio State winning.

Gonna have to sweat it out. We deserve a bid. But lots of competition for not a lot of spots. A10 tournament also an issue if someone other than FAU wins it. Ugly.

Illinois, Kentucky, UNC, FAU…
Please Help GIF by Travis

Back