Games to watch:
Mississippi State vs #5 Tennessee — 1pm, espn

Texas A&M vs. #9 Kentucky — 7pm, SECN

Pitt vs. #4 North Carolina — 7pm, espn

Virginia vs. NC State — 9:30pm, espn

North Texas vs FAU — 7pm, espnu

Colorado vs #22 Washington state — 10:30pm, FS1

Providence vs. #10 Marquette — 8pm, FS1

To be clear, I’d be shocked if we’re out. But there’s a scenario where some of these teams continue to win and we lose and end up in Dayton.

Games to watch:
Mississippi State vs #5 Tennessee — 1pm, espn

Texas A&M vs. #9 Kentucky — 7pm, SECN

Pitt vs. #4 North Carolina — 7pm, espn

Virginia vs. NC State — 9:30pm, espn

North Texas vs FAU — 7pm, espnu

Colorado vs #22 Washington state — 10:30pm, FS1

Providence vs. #10 Marquette — 8pm, FS1

To be clear, I’d be shocked if we’re out. But there’s a scenario where some of these teams continue to win and we lose and end up in Dayton.
Is it ok to root for Marquette today?

Three of the four play today. Will be interesting how it shakes out
Like I said previously, the Big East is the second highest ranked conference metrics wise. We will get 5 or 6 teams in the tournament. They are not putting two Big East Teams in play-in games. Seton Hall has the weakest metrics of the Big East Teams and they can’t improve on them anymore. They will go to Dayton.

Like I said previously, the Big East is the second highest ranked conference metrics wise. We will get 5 or 6 teams in the tournament. They are not putting two Big East Teams in play-in games. Seton Hall has the weakest metrics of the Big East Teams and they can’t improve on them anymore. They will go to Dayton.
Seton Hall may be out entirely if things shake up a certain way.

Seton Hall may be out entirely if things shake up a certain way.
Then that means Providence will be in because they beat Marquette and then they go to Dayton. Seton Hall did finish fourth in the second best conference in the country. I think the only way we end up in the play-in game is if A) we get blown out by UConn today and B) Providence wins the Big East Tournament. That might knock out Seton Hall depending on what else transpires and at that point Providence might have better metrics than us

Then that means Providence will be in because they beat Marquette and then they go to Dayton. Seton Hall did finish fourth in the second best conference in the country. I think the only way we end up in the play-in game is if A) we get blown out by UConn today and B) Providence wins the Big East Tournament. That might knock out Seton Hall depending on what else transpires and at that point Providence might have better metrics than us
I think its improbable we're in Dayton, but I think it requires a few of these things happening -- none of which are difficult to imagine:
-- We lose by 15+ points
-- A&M or Mississippi State winning the SEC tournament
-- UVA or Pitt wins AAC tournament
-- New Mexico wins MWC Tournament
-- Colorado wins Pac-12 tournament
-- FAU loses in the AAC tournament = bid stolen (already accounted for in current brackets in South Florida is the AAC AQ due to best regular season record)
-- Providence beats Marquette, either wins BET or plays UCONN close

I think its improbable we're in Dayton, but I think it requires a few of these things happening -- none of which are difficult to imagine:
-- We lose by 15+ points
-- A&M or Mississippi State winning the SEC tournament
-- UVA or Pitt wins AAC tournament
-- New Mexico wins MWC Tournament
-- Colorado wins Pac-12 tournament
-- FAU loses in the AAC tournament = bid stolen (already accounted for in current brackets in South Florida is the AAC AQ due to best regular season record)
-- Providence beats Marquette, either wins BET or plays UCONN close
Yeesh. Just when I thought it was safe to sit back and watch without worrying about anyone else, you list these combinations.

I always hated researchers. 😉

Back