Bubble Watch

Winning record in the Big East, 20 wins, and six wins in a row. That résumé’ keeps them out of any play-in games.
Most years you'd be right. This year is an entirely different animal. We are WAY closer to the bye/play-in game cutline than people think. It's almost entirely dependent on what else happens around the country over the next 3.5 days.

Obviously it's all moot if we win tomorrow but I'm not counting on that.

Most years you'd be right. This year is an entirely different animal. We are WAY closer to the bye/play-in game cutline than people think. It's almost entirely dependent on what else happens around the country over the next 3.5 days.

Agree to disagree.

If we had played the kind of OOC schedule that had become the norm the last decade or so we’d definitely still be on the bubble, but at this point we should be a lock. Our peripheral ranking are hard to ignore.

Don't count us out.

If we had played the kind of OOC schedule that had become the norm the last decade or so we’d definitely still be on the bubble, but at this point we should be a lock. Our peripheral ranking are hard to ignore.
I think we're safely in the field, I'm just saying there's a better chance that we get sent to Dayton than people think.

Everybody likes to reference Lunardi around here, well in his latest update he has us as the 2nd to last bye. If we lose tomorrow we can't improve on our standing. That means it would just take a combination of either two bubble teams to pass us by winning big games over the next few days or bid stealers coming through. The chances of that would be 95%

I think we're safely in the field, I'm just saying there's a better chance that we get sent to Dayton than people think.

Everybody likes to reference Lunardi around here, well in his latest update he has us as the 2nd to last bye. If we lose tomorrow we can't improve on our standing. That means it would just take a combination of either two bubble teams to pass us by winning big games over the next few days or bid stealers coming through. The chances of that would be 95%
Why can’t the bid stealers be sent to Dayton?

moot we are winning tomorrow and Hurley is going to try and fight Ralph and get his ass kicked :)

Dayton is about to lose. A bid stealer guaranteed in the A10. Bubble shrinks by one
One of my two alma maters so I do root for them but they have sucked down the stretch and even I don’t think they deserve a bid but that’s not taking into account all of the analytics.

Back