Bubble Watch

Nobody behind us passed us.

That's true for most brackets, but almost all of the teams ahead of and behind us on the bubble are still playing. With a (home) loss tomorrow, most other teams on the bubble couldn't do much worse than that, especially since they've mostly made it past the terrible first round opponents and are playing neutral games.

We'd definitely still be in it with a close loss, but I'm less confident in how likely our odds would be than I was earlier this week. Would be nice to see a couple bubbles pop is all. Further, even if we win it'd be great to increase our chances at a Bye.

Kansas has no firepower offensively (very little depth as well) and seem to not be capable of shooting from deep.

They're on the cusp of being blown out by Cincy.
Cincy has a solid, up and coming HC.

BTW, Norm did the game plan for KU 😇

Was really hoping for a blowout win by Nova, both to get our win back to Q1 and improve their chances at a bid, but pretty disappointing game so far. Now just hoping for a win. At least we got the 5 seed and are not playing DePaul I guess...

This is why it’s better to come in fifth.

The first ever BET I attended was in 2014, the first year of the realigned Big East. I walked in at the exact moment #8 seed Seton Hall hit a game winner vs. #1 Nova. That followed up with a disappointing loss to Providence, had we won that game we had a good shot at dancing (we were a 1 seed in the NIT- the infamous RM game).

Teams like Seton Hall that year or DePaul this year are much more dangerous during the BET because it's a new season for them. Win 4 and you're in.

Anyway, glad Nova survived but not a good night for them or their resume. They're really fortunate to get a shot at a weakened Marquette tomorrow.

Important thread now. I think we're safely in but just a little bit needs to go wrong for us to end up in Dayton and who knows what the committee will do.

Games we need tonight:
San Diego State over UNLV (just to eliminate UNLV from bid stealing on their home floor)
Ohio State over Iowa (Whoever wins just needs to lose tomorrow but OSU is further away than Iowa is)
Iowa State over Kansas State (K-State on the periphery and could steal a bid)
Creighton over Providence (Eliminate Providence)
Ole Miss over Texas AM (AM squarely on bubble, could jump us with a good showing at SECT)
Dayton over Duquesne (This is a massive one. Need Dayton to win the A10 tourney to prevent a bid stealer)
Marquette over Villanova (Honestly at this point I'd rather just see Villanova eliminated)
BC over Virginia (Would certainly keep Virginia below us)
Boise over New Mexico (Would keep New Mexico below us)
Utah over Colorado (Would help us jump Colorado)

Back