2023-24 Rankings

Are we really worried about 5 years from now?
Always.

If you're not thinking ahead, then you're falling behind.

Plus, selfishly, I want this out there now, so that it's on the record when it happens (that way, I can't be accused of second-guessing).

Hopefully, it works out in the end.

And that is what scares me about when Rick's time is done here.

I'm fearful that he will push either his son, or Masiello, on us.

Could work out, but probably won't.
My hope is Pitino coaches until he’s 80.
Just as long as his teams keep the basketball unenjoyable experiences to a minimum.

Yesterday was a brutal bubble watch day for us but we seemed to have moved up a spot with Lunardi and we're in with Rothstein.

We may need UCONN to beat Providence to solidify ourselves as the 6th Big East team in heading into BET. Hate to say that because I hate UCONN and want as many Big East teams as possible.

Final regular season resume update:

NET dropped just one spot from #37 to #38 since we didn't blow out Georgetown, but we did pick up another Q4 win and more importantly avoided a terrible loss.

Villanova dropped one spot to #32 and Utah dropped 4 spots to #52, so neither is Quad 1 at the moment.

Quad 1: 3-9
Quad 2: 6-2
Quad 3: 3-1
Quad 4: 7-0

Johnnies are in 99/110 Bracket Matrix brackets (90%), and currently the second to last team in. Keep in mind this will change over the next few days as brackets update to reflect yesterday's results. If South Florida and Richmond don't win their tournaments then we'd move up two spots, but could also lose spots if there are bid thieves.

There's definitely a chance we dance even if we lose to Seton Hall, but I think best case scenario we'd be in the First Four which many of us wouldn't have been happy about pre-season. Further, we'd be in a must win situation just to get to the "real" tournament. Really need to beat Seton Hall and doing that may be enough to avoid Dayton.

Anyway, excellent ending to the regular season. Our odds of finishing 5-0 were only 16% so it's been a really fun couple weeks. Have a feeling the fun will continue this week.

"First Four" perfectly fine...I'm past the idea of top 64 only being legit. They select 68 at moment. As long as we are one if 68, I don't care

My main issue with the First Four is in 2019 it kind of felt like we didn't make the Tournament. I remember filling out my bracket after we lost, and St. John's wasn't listed. Not even our name crossed out, just totally absent with Arizona St listed as the 11 seed.

My favorite part of March Madness has always been filling out a bracket, so if we do to go to the First Four then I think we'd need to win that for it to be a successful season. That's at least my opinion based on my preseason expectations and given that most of the starters are graduating after this year. It'd be arguably our best season since 2015, but still a bit disappointing if we don't advance past the First Four.

My main issue with the First Four is in 2019 it kind of felt like we didn't make the Tournament. I remember filling out my bracket after we lost, and St. John's wasn't listed. Not even our name crossed out, just totally absent with Arizona St listed as the 11 seed.

My favorite part of March Madness has always been filling out a bracket, so if we do to go to the First Four then I think we'd need to win that for it to be a successful season. That's at least my opinion based on my preseason expectations and given that most of the starters are graduating after this year. It'd be arguably our best season since 2015, but still a bit disappointing.
Most brackets list it as winner of that game versus whomever. Just fill it out Tuesday and you will be happy no matter what.

Back