2023-24 Rankings

Looking at the first 14 brackets I could find that were updated today, we're ahead of Indiana St in 12/14 of them (including Lunardi's in those 14). Also think we were in the field in all but one bracket, and some even as a 10 seed.

We'll be ahead of Indiana St when Bracket Matrix updates. Wouldn't shock me if Lunardi is doing this for clicks, he already uses St. John's in lots of his thumbnails and knows having us as the last team in would drive more traffic lol.

Bracket Matrix updated- we're in 79/84 and second to last team in (ahead of Indiana St). Of brackets updated today we are in 47/51. Also we're a lot closer in points to the two teams ahead of us than Indiana St behind us.

I will be disappointed but not devastated if we lose to Seton Hall and dont get in. I will be disappointed if we beat Seton Hall and dont get a 10 seat. If this turns out to be a play in game, I dont want to play two play in games. Lets get it done Thursday and get a 10 seed.

ESPN just showed Lunardi's latest bracket and it now shows St. John's as the second to last team in and ahead of Indiana St. That makes a lot more sense, the one going around this morning must have not been updated or he changed his mind.

Nova dropped 7 spots in the NET to #40 after beating #320 DePaul by just 1 last night. Think we can forget about them becoming a Q1 game again, but they may be able to dance with a win over Marquette today which would still help us.

One big positive though is Utah beat Arizona St by 33 and moved up 4 spots to #48- so that's a Quad 1 win for us again.

NET: #39 (unchanged)
Quad 1: 4-9
Quad 2: 5-2
Quad 3: 3-1
Quad 4: 7-0

Now let's beat Hall and add another Q2 win!

Nova dropped 7 spots in the NET to #40 after beating #320 DePaul by just 1 last night. Think we can forget about them becoming a Q1 game again, but they may be able to dance with a win over Marquette today which would still help us.

One big positive though is Utah beat Arizona St by 33 and moved up 4 spots to #48- so that's a Quad 1 win for us again.

NET: #39 (unchanged)
Quad 1: 4-9
Quad 2: 5-2
Quad 3: 3-1
Quad 4: 7-0

Now let's beat Hall and add another Q2 win!
The Utah win was HUGE

Looking at our resume, it's remarkable that the reason our metrics are what they are is basically because we blew out those bottom feeder teams. If those games were close, we'd be in the "Next Four Out".

BC net jumped from 91-> 80 with their Clemson win.
dont know its effect for us, but had to be small good
Waiting for Adam to tell us what the threshold is for their net marker for our loss for them. Don’t think it’s attainable but you’re right it can’t hurt.

Waiting for Adam to tell us what the threshold is for their net marker for our loss for them. Don’t think it’s attainable but you’re right it can’t hurt.

Q1 would be top 50 and Q2 would be 51-100 since it's a neutral game, so it won't get to Q1 but this win guarantees it won't drop to Q3. Good result for us and helped offset the NET loss from the Nova game.

Q1 would be top 50 and Q2 would be 51-100 since it's a neutral game, so it won't get to Q1 but this win guarantees it won't drop to Q3. Good result for us and helped offset the NET loss from the Nova game.
These sets of quads are stretched from running through these exercises without properly warming up to idea of the importance of training to (muscle) memory.

Ahead of today's Hall game, the Johnnies have moved up a spot on Bracket Matrix to the third to final team in (ahead of Indiana St and New Mexico). Richmond, the projected A10 auto-bid, just lost which is why we've moved up.

We are in 87/95 brackets (92%), which is the highest of any 11 seed. Feeling pretty good that a win today would cement our bid and maybe get us into a Bye game, especially because tomorrow we'd face UConn which would be unlikely to hurt our resume (anything besides a huge blowout).

Johnnies improve from #29 to #24 in KenPom after beating Hall by 19!!! Incredible win. I've been a fan for 12 years which I know isn't as long as most here, but this is the best Johnnies win I've ever seen.

With this kind of win, I think it's safe to say we're dancing. Now the big thing will be whether we'll get a Bye, which I think we will. Excited to see all of the bracket updates!

Back