2023-24 Rankings

Historically this website has been on par with Lunardi in terms of accuracy (below average)
Is Lunardi below average now? thought he was the Standard... or is he now "Mainstream" Bracket propaganda? lol

Who has the best prediction accuracy?

Is Lunardi below average now? thought he was the Standard... or is he now "Mainstream" Bracket propaganda? lol

Who has the best prediction accuracy?

On Bracket Matrix Lunardi is ranked #98 and AMA is #100 (out of 174 over the past 5 years). Average would be #87 so both are a bit below average.

Also, Nova moved up 4 spots in the NET (to #34) after blowing out Georgetown at home last night. Great sign and they're now 4 spots away from that being a Q1 win for us again.

If St. John's wins by enough those final two games absolutely could benefit our resume.

Last edited:
On Bracket Matrix Lunardi is ranked #98 and AMA is #100 (out of 174 over the past 5 years). Average would be #87 so both are a bit below average.
these rankings... are they based on -How many teams right* they have in the field? Correct seed applied? etc...

Would think the important one of note for us this year- how many teams they have missing, that actually made it?

don't mean to assign you work- you can point me to a site or wherever and i can check it out.

these rankings... are they based on -How many teams right* they have in the field? Correct seed applied? etc...

Would think the important one of note for us this year- how many teams they have missing, that actually made it?

don't mean to assign you work- you can point me to a site or wherever and i can check it out.

It's a combination of that, at the bottom of this page:

Ultimately we'll likely need to finish in the majority of brackets as we did in 2019 (and were selected as the final team in). Still a long way to go, but huge progress over the past week.

Thanks for posting, but doesn’t this leave out the SOS which someone posted months ago was lousy for the Big 12 out of conference this year. So, their winning % means little vs a lousy schedule.

I think they’re overrated this year, but the tournament will prove that out as always.

NET improves 4 spots from #44 to #40. Not as big as the 9 spot KenPom jump, but still huge for this late in the season.

Quad 1: 3-9
Quad 2: 6-2
Quad 3: 3-1
Quad 4: 5-0

Butler dropped 5 spots to #68 and we'll need them to remain top 75 for that to remain Q1.

Hopefully Nova can move up 2 spots and Utah 3 spots so those become Q1 for us, but regardless we'll already be in a lot of brackets over the next week.

NET improves 4 spots from #44 to #40. Not as big as the 9 spot KenPom jump, but still huge for this late in the season.

Quad 1: 3-9
Quad 2: 6-2
Quad 3: 3-1
Quad 4: 5-0

Butler dropped 5 spots to #68 and we'll need them to remain top 75 for that to remain Q1.

Hopefully Nova can move up 2 spots and Utah 3 spots so those become Q1 for us, but regardless we'll already be in a lot of brackets over the next week.
Thank you for all the updates and stats. It does seem a little odd to be pulling for Nova when they’re also battling for an at large. I want them to do well so our victories are stronger…just not that well 😂. I’m hoping they beat PC, lose to SH, and beat Creighton. That would leave us tied with them. Having said that, the #6 seed in the BET looks like the better path to more quad 1 opportunities and better chance at wins. I think we can beat UConn, but that certainly seems to be the toughest matchup for us (and everyone else for that matter).

Maybe I'm being slightly over optimistic but my preferred road is to have us finish in the top 5 of the Big East (very possible since we have a tiebreaker over Nova), have the bye, and play Seton Hall in the 4/5 match-up. To show the committee that we're top 5 in the conference, and have split or swept every team in the 4-11 range is a much better selling point to me than finishing sixth, beating DePaul again and then playing Marquette.

Maybe I'm being slightly over optimistic but my preferred road is to have us finish in the top 5 of the Big East (very possible since we have a tiebreaker over Nova), have the bye, and play Seton Hall in the 4/5 match-up. To show the committee that we're top 5 in the conference, and have split or swept every team in the 4-11 range is a much better selling point to me than finishing sixth, beating DePaul again and then playing Marquette.
I agree. Do this and then just give UConn a tough game and they are not leaving us out. Gimme The Hall in the 4/5 game to clinch a bid. Beating SH in a big game is long overdue.

Best we can do against number 4 team (assuming it's Hall) is 1-2 assuming we play and beat them in 4-5 game.

Agree but think we would play Creighton and not Marquette and although not much of a difference although I think we match up a little better with Creighton because the may be even slower then us.

Back