2023-24 Rankings

We're now in the next next four out.
ooof... would have thought the Creighton win would bump us up more.

Being the 12th team OUT... not a great spot at this juncture. A win at Butler probably moves us past them... GTown/Depaul won't move any needle... going to have to make it to Friday night.

This is ridiculous. How the heck is Pitt 10 spots out at 9 and 7 in the Acc with 5 conference road wins including at Duke and Virginia while trending straight up? Ncaa better not pull an Acc football like screw job like they did to Florida State.

This is ridiculous. How the heck is Pitt 10 spots out at 9 and 7 in the Acc with 5 conference road wins including at Duke and Virginia while trending straight up? Ncaa better not pull an Acc football like screw job like they did to Florida State.
Virginia win doesn't mean much. That team sucks ass

Well? There in 3rd place in the Acc at 11 and 6. A lock for a good ncaa tournament seed. They won the national championship 4 years ago and had a 27 game at home winning streak just recently broken by Pitt. If only we sucked a$$ as much.
If only winning a national championship 4 years ago could help the team they currently have. Their current team is no bueno. Much like us, they have one win over a team that's definitely going to make the tournament (Florida). And that was in November. They should honestly be right smack dab on the bubble along with us. Beating them is not a feather in anyone's cap this year. I do see they also won @Clemson, which is pretty much the only win they've had in the past 3 months worth anything. I just don't think being in 3rd place in this years ACC is much of a flex

Also... are we sure they are a lock for a good tournament seed? Lunardi has them in the play in right now. They could be out of the dance entirely if they lose to Boston College this week

Last edited:
The answer to your question is that the ACC is trash this year. It should be a 2 bid league. Generously 4. Do not think the committee is going to go deep in that league this year, either. Expect to see those bids go to extra teams in the Big 10, SEC, and Big 10.

Really they should put in more Mountain West, other teams from time zones I don't get to watch, and mid majors. But they will continue to screw good mid majors to put in mediocre major conference teams.

But I do not think very many ACC teams will meet that criteria this year

The answer to your question is that the ACC is trash this year. It should be a 2 bid league. Generously 4. Do not think the committee is going to go deep in that league this year, either. Expect to see those bids go to extra teams in the Big 10, SEC, and Big 10.

Really they should put in more Mountain West, other teams from time zones I don't get to watch, and mid majors. But they will continue to screw good mid majors to put in mediocre major conference teams.

But I do not think very many ACC teams will meet that criteria this year
If the Acc is "trash" this year then it's got to be the 1st time ever, right? I thought it was recent common knowledge that the Acc is the best, or 2nd best?, conference in college basketball and all the BE fans would always rail against that claim. I can't vouch for all their teams - but the one I follow is real good. Hinson has literally half court range and is elite; their 2 freshmen guards make Wilcher look like Danny Hurley ( no offense - of course I like Sim ); 2 skinny but good bigs - one offensive one defensive; and other good bench options as well. P.S. the Acc will never be a 2 bid league.

If the Acc is "trash" this year then it's got to be the 1st time ever, right? I thought it was recent common knowledge that the Acc is the best, or 2nd best?, conference in college basketball and all the BE fans would always rail against that claim. I can't vouch for all their teams - but the one I follow is real good. Hinson has literally half court range and is elite; their 2 freshmen guards make Wilcher look like Danny Hurley ( no offense - of course I like Sim ); 2 skinny but good bigs - one offensive one defensive; and other good bench options as well. P.S. the Acc will never be a 2 bid league.
Leagues been pretty weak for a few years now. They have good teams for sure. But the bottom half has been so consistently weak that it brings everyone’s metrics down.

I actually think adding another win to the win column will help especially if it’s by enough points. Of course this is based on winning Wednesday but I think getting the 6th seed is the best case scenario.
Beating DePaul does nothing, it's a practice game for crying out loud.

Johnnies in a second bracket:

Final team in. Utah, Nova, and Butler in the First 4 Out.

Historically this website has been on par with Lunardi in terms of accuracy (below average), which is interesting because they both have totally opposite positions for the Johnnies. Hopefully the Committee is bullish like AMA, but reality is likely somewhere in the middle.

Again, I don't agree that we'd be in the field today, but obviously a good thing that some brackets have us in even before the Butler game.

Carmine my man, go take a look at how the ACC has been doing for the last few years. 2-3 high end teams, a couple of overrated teams, and a whole lot of garbage.

It is consistently a weaker conference than the Big 12 and the Big East, usually worse than the SEC and/or the Big 10 (tho the B1G is usually terribly overrated). Been that way for 4-5 years now.

The Big 12 has been the class of college hoops for awhile now. Argument between the BE and the SEC (very underrated) after that. And most years recently there has been at least one other conference ahead of the ACC as well. After Duke and UNC, very unimpressive conference.

Been that way for 4-5 years now.
You cra cra. 4 years ago, 3 years ago since coronavirus canceled a year, the Acc won the national championship with Virginia. Just last year the Acc put 5 teams in the tournament - had an overall record of 7 and 5 - and though "After Duke and Unc, very unimpressive conference", sent Miami to the final four. The year before that the Acc had half the final four.

Last edited:
Back