2023-24 Rankings

I'm a big believer in one game at a time, but it's Friday morning, start of the weekend and I'll allow my self a little longer term dreaming. Seems to me if we are fortunate/tough enough to knock off Xavier on the road we can start to look at 4th place in Big East and potential 5/6 seed as a real possibility, especially since it will be halfway through league play and we still have 4 games against two worst teams.
Me too. I am on my third cup of coffee already and I am gearing up for a final four. 😉😁

The first step for me would be to get to the semifinals of the BET. Finishing 4th or 5th could make that easier but it's too early to tall.

The second is to win that elusive tournament game and dream about a sweet sixteen. I don't think there is a huge difference between a 7-10 seed. I think it really depends on who you play in the first two games assuming you win the first. A 5 or 6 seed would definitely make a big difference but we would need to win alot of games for that to happen. But like many say one game at a time.

The first step for me would be to get to the semifinals of the BET. Finishing 4th or 5th could make that easier but it's too early to tall.

The second is to win that elusive tournament game and dream about a sweet sixteen. I don't think there is a huge difference between a 7-10 seed. I think it really depends on who you play in the first two games assuming you win the first. A 5 or 6 seed would definitely make a big difference but we would need to win alot of games for that to happen. But like many say one game at a time.
Did anyone notice that Lunarfi has us playing the 8-9 game against New Mexico ?

Which would mean Pitino vs Pitino .

I think Old Joe just slipped that in there to see any response .

Getting sent to LA would not be a ideal site for our fans to attend . Too far and other stuff .

Getting sent to LA would not be an ideal site for our fans to attend . Too far and other stuff .
Lunardi just throwing shit against wall, yes for attention. What else could this guy do, be a jockey? 😇

I'm a big believer in one game at a time, but it's Friday morning, start of the weekend and I'll allow my self a little longer term dreaming. Seems to me if we are fortunate/tough enough to knock off Xavier on the road we can start to look at 4th place in Big East and potential 5/6 seed as a real possibility, especially since it will be halfway through league play and we still have 4 games against two worst teams.
I dont think its dreaming. We can be a 3 seed if we steal a couple wins not expected and win what is expected by the end of the season.

This chart doesn't do justice to Xavier, who lost 2 starters right before the season began.
True, Miyakawa discussed that specific situation in the twitter thread. It's only based on top 8 rotation guys and is scaled by minutes they play. So, if your top guy in minutes misses a whole game it accounts for the fact that it's worse than if a guy playing only 15 mins misses--which is good and makes sense. But, yea he couldn't do that if he included guys who aren't playing at all due to injury, ineligibility, etc.

Lunardi is going after clicks/revenue, but the Committee is as well. The UConn vs. Iona game last year I'm sure was purposely done because of the Pitino - St. John's / Georgetown rumors. Even the CBS hosts during the Selection Sunday show alluded to that game potentially foreshadowing a Big East coaching matchup. The main thing off-limits is putting teams from the same conference against each other First Round, but outside of that they do often go for interesting storylines as long as the seeding lines up.

NET jumps 5 spots to #36 after the 20 point win over (now) #40 Nova. Q2 win with an outside shot at becoming Q1 if Nova finishes the season top 30.

Q1: 2-5
Q2: 5-1
Q3: 2-1
Q4: 4-0

7 Q1/Q2 wins is huge at this point. Going to be a great week for bracket updates.
Nova likely to fall apart now but it’s all in league.

I dont think its dreaming. We can be a 3 seed if we steal a couple wins not expected and win what is expected by the end of the season.
We can beat any damn body, if and only if we play that smothering defense like we did against Villanova. We should have won against Marquette but didn't play defense in the 2nd half until the last 6 minutes, but there's no going back.

All you can control are the future games.
Leave nothing to chance, no regrets about if we only played defense the entire game.

From here out sju just gotta played obsessed on defense. For 40 minutes, every single game.

40 minutes of hell??? Rick is the real deal, he'll bring 40 minutes of hell for real.
Not just talk it.

Getting sent to LA would not be a ideal site for our fans to attend . Too far and other stuff .
I am curious about the other stuff. LOL

I will have a BBQ for those that can stomach the trip.

I was referring to Joe Lunardi , who is the Old Joe I mentioned .

Didn’t realize until you replied that it might have taken as the other Joe . Nope .

Other stuff ? Pitino Vs Pitino was a obvious purposeful attempt to create controversy

And , why so far away. ? These are just Lunardi guesses at this point .

I was referring to Joe Lunardi , who is the Old Joe I mentioned .

Didn’t realize until you replied that it might have taken as the other Joe . Nope .

Other stuff ? Pitino Vs Pitino was a obvious purposeful attempt to create controversy

And , why so far away. ? These are just Lunardi guesses at this point .

OK, took the other stuff the wrong way. LOL

Lunardi is throwing stuff at the wall but in the unlikely event it happens I will see you guys here.

Los Angeles is the site for the West Regionals, not for an opening round 8/9 game.

Back