2023-24 Rankings

We are in as a 9 seed for Lunardi. Seton Hall in the Next Four out category even with some impressive wins over UConn and Marq.

Seton Hall out and BAMA in. Make it make sense. BAMA is 0-5 vs. Quad 1 teams. Seton Hall just knocked off three in a row.

Early rankings or projections mean nothing, as we all know. Just keep winning.

I agree, but it still makes no sense. What is the fascination with BAMA and hoops? Did i miss something?

Simply not a fan of the favortism they receive. Because that is what it is at this juncture, regardless of whatever metric the NET, Pomeroy, etc. are using.

Makes zero sense.

0-5 vs Quad 1. Beat up on nobodies, and they are getting far more love than Seton Hall.

Prediction:
UConn, Marquette, Creighton will be NCAA locks.
SJU, Providence, Villanova and Seton Hall will be 4 teams competing for 3 spots.
And unfortunately one could be in the play in game.

The Big East will get 5-7 teams in, extremely unlikely to be outside of that range. The most likely number is 6, but a big factor will be how close DePaul and Georgetown get to a combined 2-38. Currently they're 1-8 (Georgetown beat DePaul) and fortunately have been just as awful during BE play as they were OOC.

St. John's is now up to a 10 seed on Bracket Matrix (aggregate of 54 brackets currently). Many of these haven't updated since before the Nova game so it'll keep going up. Before the Nova game we were the final team in (First Four).

I agree, but it still makes no sense. What is the fascination with BAMA and hoops? Did i miss something?

Simply not a fan of the favortism they receive. Because that is what it is at this juncture, regardless of whatever metric the NET, Pomeroy, etc. are using.

Makes zero sense.

0-5 vs Quad 1. Beat up on nobodies, and they are getting far more love than Seton Hall.
Alabama 2-5 vs quad 1, not 0-5.
all of alabama losses are quad 1
SH losses are weaker- 2 Q1, 2Q2 & 1Q3

i agree though, bama too high & hall too low

Alabama 2-5 vs quad 1, not 0-5.
all of alabama losses are quad 1
SH losses are weaker- 2 Q1, 2Q2 & 1Q3

i agree though, bama too high & hall too low

Good stuff. Didn't realize they were 2-5. Appreciate you pointing that out.

I can see how losses are weighted into the formula - still think they should definitely be ranked closer.

Providence's NET is #54 so that's another Q2 win!

Quad 1: 2-2
Quad 2: 4-1
Quad 3: 2-1
Quad 4: 4-0

Certainly wouldn't consider Saturday's game at #22 Creighton a must win, this team has done more in Big East play than anyone could've asked for and it's very difficult to win at Omaha.

If we do win though we'll be ranked for the first time in 5 years (one week in January 2019), and before that 9 years (January 2015). Both were the final seasons for Lavin and Mullin, and also the last two times we made the Tournament.

Providence's NET is #54 so that's another Q2 win!

Quad 1: 2-2
Quad 2: 4-1
Quad 3: 2-1
Quad 4: 4-0

Certainly wouldn't consider Saturday's game at #22 Creighton a must win, this team has done more in Big East play than anyone could've asked for and it's very difficult to win at Omaha.

If we do win though we'll be ranked for the first time in 5 years (one week in January 2019), and before that 9 years (January 2015). Both were the final seasons for Lavin and Mullin, and also the last two times we made the Tournament.
ADORAZ , who’s our Quad 3 loss, Michigan?? If so hopefully they can get themselves into Quad 2

ADORAZ , who’s our Quad 3 loss, Michigan?? If so hopefully they can get themselves into Quad 2

Yep it's Michigan. Currently their NET is #94 and would need to move up to top 75 to be Q2. Not sure if they'll get there but fortunately the rest of our resume is pretty great.

Prediction:
UConn, Marquette, Creighton will be NCAA locks.
SJU, Providence, Villanova and Seton Hall will be 4 teams competing for 3 spots.
Totally agree until we knock off 1 or 2 of the Top 3…For now let’s just focus on 1 game at a time! Great start and a lot of juice in our program. Hopeful we knock of Hurley’s team at the Garden! We are a signature win away from being recognized nationally

Back