2023-24 Rankings

SJU NET now up to 52, but a reminder that SJU's NET doesn't matter much, more important is the NET of opponents since that determines quads. Current record from Quad 1 to 4 in the chart below. Looking at tourney resumes as of today, I think we're in better shape than many people think--Utah on a neutral court is a very solid win and no bad losses right now.

1-11-22-04-0

OOC: Utah at 23 so that's likely to remain a really strong Quad 1 win (as long as they're top 50 it's Quad 1). Dayton at 24. Michigan is at 70 and we want that to stay top 75 too so it remains a Quad 2 loss. BC is well within Quad 2. Hofstra is likely to be Quad 3.

Conference: Xavier is at 72, want them to stay in top 75 so that remains a Quad 2 win. SH is at 81, if they got into top 75 it would move those two games from Quad 2/3 to Quad 1/2, which is big. With the exception of Hoyas/DePaul, the other conference games should all be Quad 1/2.

oops, 20-13, 12-10 in conf
I think it depends where we finish. If 11-9 got is to fifth that could be enough. Although the 4/5 game might be easier to win then the 3/6 game. Also you want to avoid the play in game so winning a BET tournament game could make the difference there. Overall I agree.

I think it depends where we finish. If 11-9 got is to fifth that could be enough. Although the 4/5 game might be easier to win then the 3/6 game. Also you want to avoid the play in game so winning a BET tournament game could make the difference there. Overall I agree.
Hoping we take care of business vs the bottom dwellers. We’ll have another 4 wins will put us at 5Wins right there. Need another 6 vs the rest of the conference. Very realistic at this point.

#36 Providence will be ranked on Monday with wins over #6 Marquette, #24 Wisconsin, Georgia (N), and Butler. 10-2 with only losses to Kansas State (N) in OT and @ #7 Oklahoma. Excellent job by Kim English.
Very good, it will be better for us when we beat them!

AP Top 25 for 12/25:
#5 UConn (-)
#10 Marquette (-4)
#22 Creighton (-10)
#25 Providence (+11)

#29 Utah
#37 Villanova

Let's hope PC remains ranked, would be a great opportunity in a couple weeks.
Providence has two big guys, that’s going to be a really difficult matchup for us

Providence has two big guys, that’s going to be a really difficult matchup for us
Providence’s ranking is based almost entirely on their having played 10 home games in a building where they have a preponderant home court advantage and the friendliest whistle in the Big East. Let’s see how they fare on the road. No way they’re a legit top 25 team.

Back