2022 Mets

Multi pitcher no hitter is maybe more difficult as the Mets had to rely on 5 different guys to be on their "A" game. Not bad pitching for Mets w/o Jake. 5 shutouts in the first 21 games, awesome.

I'm worse this morning.
Last night was an indictment of modern baseball and its babying of brittle pitchers.
This is the hill I will die on.

I agree it's not the same but things change unfortunately. I am just glad the Mets have played so well this month. It would be great to get a win tonight and have the best record in baseball for the month of April. That was not something I was expecting when DeGrom went down or even before.

Tyler Megill is a bulldog and Drew Smith is emerging as one of our best relievers so a lot of good in the game last night.

Funny how with the history of great pitchers the only starter to get a no hitter was Santana.
Seaver, Ryan, Gooden, Cone got there’s with other teams. Any others that I may have missed?

Funny how with the history of great pitchers the only starter to get a no hitter was Santana.
Seaver, Ryan, Gooden, Cone got there’s with other teams. Any others that I may have missed?
Add Mike Scott (Danny Heep trade), Phil Humber (in the Santana trade package) and Hideo Nomo (released) to the list

Another series win but I’m getting pretty freaking tired of our guys getting hit. Not sure why Lopez didn’t get thrown out after the warning

Robinson Cano just got DFA’d. Cohen is willing to eat the $37M owed. Addition by distraction. Cano looked finished.
No justification to keep him as he was doing nothing. He should retire as that would be more dignified because ain't no one gonna claim him or pick him up as a free agent.

Tough decision had to be made even though a risk to team chemistry and locker room stability

Tough decision had to be made even though a risk to team chemistry and locker room stability
The only thing I connect Cano with chemistry is what got him suspended (for second time) for the entire 2021 season. Is he a good or bad influence? The Mets had to cut down and he was the most likely person to go.

The only thing I connect Cano with chemistry is what got him suspended (for second time) for the entire 2021 season. Is he a good or bad influence? The Mets had to cut down and he was the most likely person to go.
He is a leader to many of the Hispanic players in the locker room. I believe it was the right decision but we'll see.

Carrasco was excellent yesterday. The Mets rotation is Wow good and that’s without Jake. Mets are looking good. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but If they make the playoffs they are a problem.

Back