2022 Mets

All in all a good weekend in Philadelphia - an expression that's rarely uttered in non baseball conversations.

Keep winning Series and good things will happen. Buck is doing a great job keeping everyone sharp. With all the big moves he might be the “move” of the offseason.

The last few years I would maybe watch a couple of minutes of the Postgame. Listening to Callaway or Rojas was a waste of time. Now Buck is must watch TV. I might not always agree with his reasoning but he is always well thought out and you learn something about his thinking every time.

Keep winning Series and good things will happen. Buck is doing a great job keeping everyone sharp. With all the big moves he might be the “move” of the offseason.

The last few years I would maybe watch a couple of minutes of the Postgame. Listening to Callaway or Rojas was a waste of time. Now Buck is must watch TV. I might not always agree with his reasoning but he is always well thought out and you learn something about his thinking every time.
totally agree I always learn something or learn things about Bucks mindset in the postgame

As noted above great having Darling and Keith back in the booth together. The banter was fun throughout a long day. Loved the story about the "Mendosa" line and how they felt bad for Mendosa. Keith's story about another weak hitter was great. He noted a local bar tied the price of a draft beer to the guy's batting average. The fans at the games used to cheer him to make out--cheaper beer wins out over team loyalty.

Wake up this morning and the Mets have a nice 7 game lead in the standings. A little early to look at the standings (remember last season) but its hard to ignore that the Mets are the only team in the division over .500 and they are 11 games over.

All that being said it’s nice to win when your team did not really play well last night. Guys like Escobar, Marte, Canha and Lindor have hit a little bit of an offensive bump. Good pitching has been the key. Carrasco has been excellent. Hard to believe he is essentially the fourth or fifth starter.

Has been very enjoyable so far but were in first for a long time last year and sure we had Syndergaard coming back in July so things can change.

Has been very enjoyable so far but were in first for a long time last year and sure we had Syndergaard coming back in July so things can change.
This year's team is playing far superior to last year's team.
They were 16-13 on 5/10/21.
They're 21-10 on 5/10/22

Hate to Mush it but this team is really good. Does the little things that need to win games. Its not the S.O.M.

They're 21-10 on 5/10/22
I don't disagree and there are grown ups running the show, just remember a lot of disappointment over the years not trying to celebrate too early. also watching the Rangers you see how quickly a great regular season can be rendered meaningless.

I don't disagree and there are grown ups running the show, just remember a lot of disappointment over the years not trying to celebrate too early. also watching the Rangers you see how quickly a great regular season can be rendered meaningless.
What a debacle this series is/was. Defense horrible Igor getting pummeled their first line killing us

They're 21-10 on 5/10/22
Yeah, I get the paranoia but… you have Buck who has been a levelheaded godsend but some of the additions most notably Scherzer are leaders. Marte and Escobar are professional, good baseball players, and exude been there done that type of guys.

Of course, baseball is a marathon not a sprint and still many challenges ahead. You just have to like what you have seen so far.

Yeah, I get the paranoia but… you have Buck who has been a levelheaded godsend but some of the additions most notably Scherzer are leaders. Marte and Escobar are professional, good baseball players, and exude been there done that type of guys.

Of course, baseball is a marathon not a sprint and still many challenges ahead. You just have to like what you have seen so far.
Funny you mention Scherzer I was texting my buddies last night when they showed him in the dugout talking to Buck and he just has this kind of thing that instills confidence like Buck does

Funny you mention Scherzer I was texting my buddies last night when they showed him in the dugout talking to Buck and he just has this kind of thing that instills confidence like Buck does
Scherzer is just one of those guys you feel confident in. The other day he didn’t pitch great But he still finds a way to keep you close.

At some point, the Braves will make a run. Exactly why Mets will need leaders.

Back