2022 Mets

BrooklynRed

2023 $upporter
Time to start the "new year".  Max throwing in camp already.

Who do we sign for the new NL position of DH or is Smith good enough?

BrooklynRed post=463472 said:

It seems like someone is going to get traded and probably someone added. At this point I think it is some combination of JD Davis, Smith and Cano if he isnt playing the field or on steroids. I think this will be an evolving situation.

Andrew post=463475 said:

It seems like someone is going to get traded and probably someone added. At this point I think it is some combination of JD Davis, Smith and Cano if he isnt playing the field or on steroids. I think this will be an evolving situation.

Cano is an interesting choice as he is a disaster at second.

Alonso should DH and Dom should play first base, but it will never happen.
 I don't want to trade Dom, JD or Mcneil as I think we would be selling low.

Not sure what moves they will make but I happen to know the person that the new GM bought his house from in Garden City so we can always stop by and demand answers :)

Met's make trade to get Bassitt from oakland

Uncle Steve going for it all

mjmaherjr post=463665 said:
Met's make trade to get Bassitt from oakland

Uncle Steve going for it all
Is he related to Tim Bassett who played for the Nets? /media/kunena/emoticons/silly.png

Hate the DH. I want my old baseball back!

gregbodkin post=463716 said:

Hate the DH. I want my old baseball back!
Amen.  At least they are going back to 9 inning doubleheaders and no more "invisible man" on second base in the 10th inning.

I don't like the deal. Didn't want to trade Ginn for one year of Bassitt who is a free agent after the season and had much better home than road splits. Thought we needed bullpen help more than rotation. Would have preferred to address that need if necessary at deadline. Seems like since Alderson came back they go out of their way to trade Brodie's draft pick which was what I thought he did best.

We do need to develop prospects but I like the idea of going all in. We were too weak at starting pitcher with so many unknowns. Time will tell how good Ginn will wind up and Uncle Steve said we can go over the $290 million Cohen tax. We signed Attavino today for the back end of the bullpen and pretty sure they will add a high end reliever and a hitter if necessary.

Pete Alonso was in car accident yesterday-got "t-boned" and flipped 3 three times, but he was unhurt and even was in training camp hitting today feeling thankful to be there.  Saw the car on TV--very scary.

DeGrom said he would opt out at end of this year of his $30M contract--probably wants "Max" money; would think Cohen will come through

Jake hurt again. He's more brittle than Will Smith's sense of humor
Gonna be difficult as out at least a month of no throwing. He was going to opt out of his contract but may now have second thoughts as who will play for damaged goods.

Gonna be difficult as out at least a month of no throwing. He was going to opt out of his contract but may now have second thoughts as who will play for damaged goods.
I absolutely wouldn't pay him unless we are just signing him to be a DH

Back