2022 Mets

Haven’t been this excited about a met season well since probably opening day last year but I fully expect my bubble not to get burst this year before July
That's why Met fans are the legacy of Brooklyn Dodger fans who always would say "Wait Until Next Year" (but when it finally came in 1955 there was unbelievable joy in the Brooklyn streets).

Haven’t been this excited about a met season well since probably opening day last year but I fully expect my bubble not to get burst this year before July
Last night was the way we would lose a game.
Who knows the ultimate outcome but with Buck and the veteran players they added this team will keep fighting.

My very first Mets game was a double header on August 14, 1962 vs the Phillies at the Polo Grounds. I will never forget that day. I was 10 years old. I can still picture the light poles in center field. I was fascinated by them.

Enough with our guys being hit. Baseball is going to see someone killed or seriously hurt. Read comments by Bissett and McCann. Thye blame the MLB rule regarding the checking for substances pitchers use to grip baseball. Max said in the cold the other night he felt he was throwing a cue ball. Bissett/McCann say certain substances should be allowed and be part of the mound like pine tar in batting circle. Pete's head shot was scary last night, and it was not his first this year.

The Mets finally got fed up being targets as Davis was hurt after being hit and in the 8th, Yoan Lopez gave Cards a little "Chin Music" and great brawl broke out.

I'm loving Showalter! The Mets are doing all the little things and that's why they are winning. Also, at the press conference yesterday, he told a reporter to "not put words in his mouth" when asked about "retaliation" regarding Lopez's chin music. This guy's a pro. I hope we keep him for a long time. I don't know why the Yankees let him go. He's the perfect "New York" guy and a winner.

Yanks let him go because George had the temperament of a toddler despite all the posthumous white washing.

I'm loving Showalter! The Mets are doing all the little things and that's why they are winning. Also, at the press conference yesterday, he told a reporter to "not put words in his mouth" when asked about "retaliation" regarding Lopez's chin music. This guy's a pro. I hope we keep him for a long time. I don't know why the Yankees let him go. He's the perfect "New York" guy and a winner.
I am very happy with Buck as well. He also said our guy referring to Alonso went to first after getting hit in the head as opposed to Arenado who cried like a baby.

As I recall, The Boss wanted Buck to fire a coach or two from his staff, and he refused.

He was a small, petty man whose legacy was saved by Stick Michaels who George also treated shabbily.
The Boss was anything but small. He was the Boss, everyone else was subject to his whims.

Back