2022 Mets

At least we drove in some guys from scoring position last night instead of leaving them on base. Maybe we'll have a good year.
I just scored field level tix, 5 rows back, third base side just to the left of the visitors dugout for the Giants on April 21st. I'm going with my sister as we have been going to games together mostly all our lives. It started when our dad took us to the Polo Grounds in 1962. Daytime double header vs Philly. They lost both games but we had the time of our lives. We've been going ever since. My Citified swan song as I'm moving to Florida on April 30th.
BTW, I also have a brick my wife bought me for Christmas 2009, the inaugural brick year. My sister and I also bought a memorial brick for our dad that year.

At least we drove in some guys from scoring position last night instead of leaving them on base. Maybe we'll have a good year.
I just scored field level tix, 5 rows back, third base side just to the left of the visitors dugout for the Giants on April 21st. I'm going with my sister as we have been going to games together mostly all our lives. It started when our dad took us to the Polo Grounds in 1962. Daytime double header vs Philly. They lost both games but we had the time of our lives. We've been going ever since. My Citified swan song as I'm moving to Florida on April 30th.
BTW, I also have a brick my wife bought me for Christmas 2009, the inaugural brick year. My sister and I also bought a memorial brick for our dad that year.
I have a brick also in the Black Cat section. It was a birthday present.

Pete with the Granny now time to knock one of their players down after the 7th

Looked good tonight. Bassitt off to a good start and Polar Bear hit his 1st grand slam.

Still miss Jake--they never should have let Stroman get away--he was "insurance" for injury prone Jake. Marcus was an innings eater. This was the same scenario when they let Murphy go to DC rather than keeping as insurance for injured Wright.

I follow the Mets but I don't really follow baseball.

So I just found out this morning that Clayton Kershaw was pulled six outs away from a perfect game.

And MLB wonders why it has problems attracting and retaining fans.

I follow the Mets but I don't really follow baseball.

So I just found out this morning that Clayton Kershaw was pulled six outs away from a perfect game.

And MLB wonders why it has problems attracting and retaining fans.
Couple of factors. Clay has had his innings per game restricted for the last 2 years. Had elbow injury last October and didn't throw a ball until January. Short spring training because of strike. Dodgers were up by 6 when the 8th inning started. It was the very correct decision and Clay agrees with it. It is a long season and no need to push him now and not have him this October.

It is best not to push just for the glory of a no hitter as seen in Mets' history. On June 1, 2012, Johan Santana threw a 134 pitch no hitter, the only one in Mets' history. He was coming of shoulder surgery from the previous year. After the no hitter, Santana was never the same as he went 3-7 until mid August when he was "shut down" for the season. He never pitched again.

Couple of factors. Clay has had his innings per game restricted for the last 2 years. Had elbow injury last October and didn't throw a ball until January. Short spring training because of strike. Dodgers were up by 6 when the 8th inning started. It was the very correct decision and Clay agrees with it. It is a long season and no need to push him now and not have him this October.

It is best not to push just for the glory of a no hitter as seen in Mets' history. On June 1, 2012, Johan Santana threw a 134 pitch no hitter, the only one in Mets' history. He was coming of shoulder surgery from the previous year. After the no hitter, Santana was never the same as he went 3-7 until mid August when he was "shut down" for the season. He never pitched again.

Baseball is a mess and pulling one of your biggest stars from a historic moment shows exactly why.

Remember when Kobe was going for 81 and Phil pulled him in the 4th because of a minutes limit? Of course not, because it never, ever would happen.

And Johan will forever be remembered as delivering the biggest regular season moment (outside of clinching) in franchise history and no one will remember the rest of that season.

Baseball is a mess and pulling one of your biggest stars from a historic moment shows exactly why.

Remember when Kobe was going for 81 and Phil pulled him in the 4th because of a minutes limit? Of course not, because it never, ever would happen.

And Johan will forever be remembered as delivering the biggest regular season moment (outside of clinching) in franchise history and no one will remember the rest of that season.
Let's go Mets great seeing my old friend IDRAFT today....

Back